Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great bit about us on Football 365.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In order to be England manager fists must pump, veins must bulge and eyeballs must pop. Only when the manager does that will we win the World Cup. CH is WAY to calm to be a success at international level..

Alf Ramsey made Chris Hughton look like Pablo Di Canio, Ramsey even chided his trainer once for celebrating a goal. He did OK when it came to the World Cup

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Alf Ramsey made Chris Hughton look like Pablo Di Canio, Ramsey even chided his trainer once for celebrating a goal. He did OK when it came to the World Cup
Yeah, there's that classic photo of the England bench going crazy when Hurst's third (England's fourth) goal went in, and Ramsey's just sitting there. He'd never get the job now either.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm just enjoying what we have. If we get more, then great, if not, well, that's life. No point in getting all het up about it, because someone thinks we might do it.
If you don't enjoy it, what's the point?

I agree. I am enjoying the ride and I am glad it is not all 4 -0 and 5 - 0 wins

The close games, the going behind in games and turning it around, the close shaves in defence and the fact that we are getting quite a few penalties to win games. These things are actually making the season even better. Even more exciting. It is keeping the adrenalin flowing for 90 minutes of every game. Things like this make me enjoy football even more because that's what a football match is supposed to do. Take you up one minute, take you down the next minute. Without that it wouldn't be football.

So I don't want to be mathematically promoted by April, I want it to go right to about 2 or 3 games to go. Maybe even to the last game but I don't have any doubts about going up but I do want to stay on the rollercoaster right till the very end and get the most out of this season because when the big ''P'' does come then me and all the other fans will have squeezed every emotion we have into the season and the end will be so much sweeter if it comes as close to the last game as possible.

And on a final note on CH. If we go up at a canter you won't see that elated moment that everyone is craving unless it is achieved the way mentioned above. He is just too controlled.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree. I am enjoying the ride and I am glad it is not all 4 -0 and 5 - 0 wins

The close games, the going behind in games and turning it around, the close shaves in defence and the fact that we are getting quite a few penalties to win games. These things are actually making the season even better. Even more exciting. It is keeping the adrenalin flowing for 90 minutes of every game. Things like this make me enjoy football even more because that's what a football match is supposed to do. Take you up one minute, take you down the next minute. Without that it wouldn't be football.

So I don't want to be mathematically promoted by April, I want it to go right to about 2 or 3 games to go. Maybe even to the last game but I don't have any doubts about going up but I do want to stay on the rollercoaster right till the very end and get the most out of this season because when the big ''P'' does come then me and all the other fans will have squeezed every emotion we have into the season and the end will be so much sweeter if it comes as close to the last game as possible.

And on a final note on CH. If we go up at a canter you won't see that elated moment that everyone is craving unless it is achieved the way mentioned above. He is just too controlled.

When it gets to the last few games, I get very nervous and don't enjoy it. Boro away last season was agony before, during and after the game. The Derby and Burnley games weren't enjoyable either.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
When it gets to the last few games, I get very nervous and don't enjoy it. Boro away last season was agony before, during and after the game. The Derby and Burnley games weren't enjoyable either.

You only didn't enjoy them because the end results weren't what was needed to go up. I think you would have a different memory of them if they had been victories that got us promoted

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Well that's disappointing. I was expecting a Hughton KNEE-SLIDE.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone know what the quoted odds are at the moment for us NOT to be promoted ?

I wouldn't mind lumping on a nice consolation / insurance bet.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You only didn't enjoy them because the end results weren't what was needed to go up. I think you would have a different memory of them if they had been victories that got us promoted

It wouldn't have stopped me feeling very nervous and uncomfortable before kick off. Even during a vital game, I don't feel happy unless we're 2-0 with only three minutes left to go. The feeling at the end is more relief than joy.
This is why I love the season up until February, and then it starts becoming tense.
The problem with Brighton is that we're nearly always fighting for something, be it promotion or relegation. Rarely do we have non-descript seasons.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

To be clear, I would be very VERY happy to write off a couple of monkeys if we secured promotion. Goes without saying. But if the unthinkable should happen and we somehow nouse this up, then I might as well collect a stash of beer tokens and drink myself into oblivion.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Lovely post.

His self-control is incredible and so admirable.

Impossible to calculate the importance of this "even keel" in helping players negotiate the ups and downs of a sporting season. Makes you wonder how some of the clowns get paid millions per year to be managers and then behave in such obviously unprofessional and counter-productive manner on the touchline...?
While I appreciate Chris's cool approach, surely it can't be accurate to describe all exuberant touchline antics as counter-productive? Mangers like Mourinho have managed to win things despite their antics.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So I don't want to be mathematically promoted by April, I want it to go right to about 2 or 3 games to go. Maybe even to the last game
You're not a proper fan. I know you support us but you just don't know what it's like to have supported this club for 30 years. If it goes to the last game, some of us may not live to see the result, it's just too stressful.

Of course, like you, many of us will have enjoyed the last minute winner against Birmingham at a similar level to the drubbing of Norwich, but that doesn't mean we want to put ourselves through hell (last game scenario) for the sake of it.

We won league one with 5 games to go. That was plenty enjoyable I promise.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
While I appreciate Chris's cool approach, surely it can't be accurate to describe all exuberant touchline antics as counter-productive? Mangers like Mourinho have managed to win things despite their antics.

Fair point. Melia?

CH is just what we need now though. Granite, as a player and a manager.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
You're not a proper fan. I know you support us but you just don't know what it's like to have supported this club for 30 years. If it goes to the last game, some of us may not live to see the result, it's just too stressful.

Of course, like you, many of us will have enjoyed the last minute winner against Birmingham at a similar level to the drubbing of Norwich, but that doesn't mean we want to put ourselves through hell (last game scenario) for the sake of it.

We won league one with 5 games to go. That was plenty enjoyable I promise.

This.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I take your point Triggaaar and totally understand it. No one takes defeat and failure any worse than me but I enjoy success a lot more when I have gone through every emotion in the course a short space of time. My brother is a massive gambler and I have little sympathy for his plight but I do understand why he does it because he gets the adrenalin rush in a short space of time and I get that from a high pressured 90 minutes of football and love it when my team comes out on top at the end of it.

I don't say I won't be happy winning the League by April because I will be ecstatic - but its a bit like running for a bus and catching it. You feel much great having caught it. Much better than you would do had you waited 20 minutes at the bust stop for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here