Great bands no-one has heard of (?)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Another local Brighton band that are very highly rated. Supported the Whip recently along with an Aussie band, Pnau, that really rocked. Unfortunately in the studio they sound a bit wimpish.

Transformer:

[yt]IU3qVEFGCO8[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I really got into Godspeed you Black Emperor after hearing Sigur Ros. They have a couple of spin off bands: Silver Mt Zion Memorial Orchestra and the Tra la la band too.

You'll love it or hate it

[yt]-aLjup934Rk[/yt]

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now this is a band that I came across randomly that I love. I hope the likes of Frank W Y, NMH, Herr Tubthumber, Medicine Man, Icy Gull like too.

Tiny Vipers - The Downward
[yt]7-IsbcLzXxU[/yt]

On this side
[yt]QOLnBVx0Ano[/yt]

I took me time getting round listening to Tiny Vipers but yes I'm digging them, or her. I can hear the Joanna Newsom comparison. Good tip. Danke.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Smoke Or Fire:

[yt]aGWMic8sBOo[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I took me time getting round listening to Tiny Vipers but yes I'm digging them, or her. I can hear the Joanna Newsom comparison. Good tip. Danke.

I've been listening to Jenny Lewis (of Rilo Kiley fame and the gorgeousest redhead in the world) and can see similarities there too.

I'm sure a lot of you have heard of her but for those who haven't, her Acid Tongue album this year was one of my highlights.

[yt]5oxmIpr0baw[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My last one today. Another Swede, Stina Nordenstam who has been around for some time.

[yt]Z52RRigejE4[/yt]

Right up my street, this kind of stuff.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports