Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great bands no-one has heard of (?)

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Here's one you lot may know already - Koop.

Come to Me from the album Koop Island. Bought it about 18 months ago and played it so much I went off it. But very quirky. this is the most commercial track - but the whole thing has a lot to recommend it.

[yt]akE4BnH5kdA[/yt]

And something a bit more typical - and lovely, lovely animation - Baby from Waltz for Koop (2002)

[yt]lqrnjQ-m39Y[/yt]

Last edited by a moderator:

Now this is a band that the Merry Prankster and I really really rave about.

Cambodia's premier psychedelic rock band today - Dengue Fever.

Seriously, if you get into one band for 2009, please let it be this one. They ROCK!!

Cool, Lush-like....almost Bollywood, but with grungey guitars.
Suitably odd enough to be unique - and such a mix of international influence they're defining 'World Music' in one band.

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
This is my fav from a not very well known band! Powderfinger another aussie band

[yt]P1ZkbDbJRk4&feature=related[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cool, Lush-like....almost Bollywood, but with grungey guitars.
Suitably odd enough to be unique - and such a mix of international influence they're defining 'World Music' in one band.

Just bought tickets for Merry Prankster and me, June next year at La Scala. I'm glad there's something you like from my list!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Dresden Dolls. Please please please check it out - when I found them I was a hip hop kid. I still am, but they destroyed my perceptions.

YouTube - The Dresden Dolls 'Coin-Operated Boy' music video

And Amanda Palmer, their singer, who released one of the best albums of this year.

YouTube - Amanda Palmer Music Video - Dedicated To Sarah Palin

Agreed. "Who killed Amanda Palmer" is a great album. Highlights are Oasis (the one that's dedicated to Sarah Palin. Abortion, eh?) The other is Leeds United. Apparently her record company tried to stop release of the video, not for the shit titlw but because she gets her ample tummy out at the end. Not good for the image apparently. Bizarre

[yt]uYSULkXcVYw[/yt]

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
There's some really good stuff on here. I love finding out about new bands.

How about Band of Horses with No-one's gonna love you. Bit like Flaming Lips which can't be a bad thing.

[yt]jfX6WTOmt5E[/yt]

Maybe this a Sunday morning song rather than a Saturday. I think it's a bit of a grower.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here