Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ‘Grace’ locations

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
I’ve stayed in the Jury’s penthouse suites and I didn’t recognise the one in the show, could have been nearby though as you say.

Just to add, a couple of posters have said that Jury’s doesn’t have penthouse suites which is true. But, there are penthouse apartments above Jury’s, I stayed in one for the 2019 Labour Party conference.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I'm sure it's a failing in me, but I've tried to read the books and there's something about Peter James's writing that I just can't take. It's not just him - I struggle to finish even a page of Terry Pratchett, Val McDermid or Mervyn Peake. I wanted to like them, so I'm glad they're being dramatised ...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm sure it's a failing in me, but I've tried to read the books and there's something about Peter James's writing that I just can't take. It's not just him - I struggle to finish even a page of Terry Pratchett, Val McDermid or Mervyn Peake. I wanted to like them, so I'm glad they're being dramatised ...
How can you not read Terry Pratchett? The guy was a genius when it came to satire. Incredibly funny and incredibly clever.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
How can you not read Terry Pratchett? The guy was a genius when it came to satire. Incredibly funny and incredibly clever.

Different people like different things. Somebody gave me a Terry Pratchett book for Christmas a couple of years ago. I’ve not yet managed to get past page 30......

Proust, on the other hand......

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
So, thought this was going to be a new series but turns out it's a one off with another 'one off' later in the year!

I hadn’t even realised it was going to be ‘the whole story in one episode’ when I started to watch.

Had just assumed it was going to be a 2 or 3 parter or something. I know I could have checked the TV listings etc and seen it was a one-off, but that’s a bit of a faff from Dubai.

After a while it became apparent they were going to cover it all in about 95+ minutes, once you take out the ads, credits etc. Did diminish it a little in my mind, I’d rather have it seen it develop over a couple of nights than be neatly packed into a “Midsomer” one-off format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm sure it's a failing in me, but I've tried to read the books and there's something about Peter James's writing that I just can't take.

Same with me read one book and had a spitting image moment of the Jeffrey Archer sketch when writing his next book at a typewriter "crap, crap, crap, crap........."

It was OK as a TV drama

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
I hadn’t even realised it was going to be ‘the whole story in one episode’ when I started to watch.

Had just assumed it was going to be a 2 or 3 parter or something. I know I could have checked the TV listings etc and seen it was a one-off, but that’s a bit of a faff from Dubai.

After a while it became apparent they were going to cover it all in about 95+ minutes, once you take out the ads, credits etc. Did diminish it a little in my mind, I’d rather have it seen it develop over a couple of nights than be neatly packed into a “Midsomer” one-off format.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree when they were in the woods checking out the building site, when they pulled the corrugated stuff back that would have been a perfect cliffhanger.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I do miss waking up to the sound of seagulls.

I wish they wouldn’t wake me up every morning, the novelty has worn off for me, I’m at least a mile from the beach and I’m sure some of them in my area have never seen the sea. :glare:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
So was it just a one off show?

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I wish they wouldn’t wake me up every morning, the novelty has worn off for me, I’m at least a mile from the beach and I’m sure some of them in my area have never seen the sea. :glare:
They actually tap on my kitchen window ffs[emoji35]

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here