Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ‘Grace’ locations

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Watching it as we speak, it seems they used a different flat for the internals and the roof terrace from the penthouse

ada6ec18f8155101bf52e9702a9479dd.jpg

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just watched it; it was good.

Some posters have asked about future episodes. Peter James was on [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] and if memory serves me correctly they have initially shot two books and if well received then they’ll film the entire series. Maybe TAR can confirm my memory is intact.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a long time since I read the first book, so I may have got this wrong, but I don't recall Grace being assigned to a dead end job. I'm sure he's in charge of the case in fact. And in a later book, he's up for promotion and loses out to Cassian Pewe. I'm not sure how the producers of the TV show are going to manage to fix it so a high-flying officer up for a senior role is an officer under threat of dismissal.

The detective who's always being taken off the case by a superior officer is a bit of a cliche in TV detective shows and I'm not sure it's needed here.

When's Cleo coming in?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a long time since I read the first book, so I may have got this wrong, but I don't recall Grace being assigned to a dead end job. I'm sure he's in charge of the case in fact. And in a later book, he's up for promotion and loses out to Cassian Pewe. I'm not sure how the producers of the TV show are going to manage to fix it so a high-flying officer up for a senior role is an officer under threat of dismissal.

I've just checked this and I was partly wrong: Vosper does have it in for Roy and wants him out but he's not being relieved of active duty though. And it's the Chief Constable who likes Roy and over-rules Vosper. I still don't like the fact that she doesn't like him - it's still too much of a cliche for me

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My worst fear is being buried alive. I had to turn it off at that point, I simply couldn't watch it.
Yes I had to leave the room at that point. Then my wife had to do the same at the point they showed what happened to his finger.

Apart from that, I thought it was great.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Some posters have asked about future episodes. Peter James was on [MENTION=791]The Albion Roar[/MENTION] and if memory serves me correctly they have initially shot two books and if well received then they’ll film the entire series. Maybe TAR can confirm my memory is intact.

Your memory is fine HT, they have shot 2 books.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

I think that's about the size of it.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

The detective who's always being taken off the case by a superior officer is a bit of a cliche in TV detective shows and I'm not sure it's needed here.

When's Cleo coming in?

I don't recall Cleo becoming a more major character until book three or four. If she was in earlier, there was certainly no hint at luuurve. Also, if she was in the first book, given the time constraints, it is a plot device that can wait for the TV series.

My concern - assuming they film the rest of the books - is how they get the Sandy sub-plot into each 96-minute show without making the rest of the detective story seem rushed or squashed.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
It is a long time since I read it as well but I thought she was in Dead Simple but obviously not as his lady friend. Must have been cut out.

2005. Don’t recall there being an autopsy in Dead Simple so no Cleo.

scooter1

How soon is now?
My worst fear is being buried alive. I had to turn it off at that point, I simply couldn't watch it.
I suffer with claustrophobia to that extreme and struggled with the book. In the end I had to read the end of the book first, and knowing that he survived made reading the book manageable. Watching the adaptation was tough at times, even knowing the outcome...
The books are good, but you need a break in between them. I binge read a few, but had to give myself a break

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I quite enjoyed it, I have to say, though the missus fell asleep. I’m incredibly relieved to see others struggled with the buried alive in the coffin bit, because that made me very uncomfortable! People keep saying it’s one of their greatest fears, but surely that’s effing normal, isn’t it? I mean who doesn’t fear being buried alive?
For those who are squeamish and anxious about it, I sure I read somewhere that when opening old coffins many were found to have scratch marks on the inside, due they seem to think to lack of medical knowledge and actually burying people alive who were in comas. Now, that is horrific. How lucky we are to be born in the modern world.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
There or somewhere close - I assumed it was a top floor flat in the so-called New England Quarter, maybe a little further north? You could see Theobald House as well as St Barts but also New England House.

I’ve stayed in the Jury’s penthouse suites and I didn’t recognise the one in the show, could have been nearby though as you say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here