Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] ‘Grace’ locations

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
There or somewhere close - I assumed it was a top floor flat in the so-called New England Quarter, maybe a little further north? You could see Theobald House as well as St Barts but also New England House.

Jury's Inn looks a good call

View attachment 134917

Jury's Inn doesn't have a penthouse balcony.

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it's the tall building on the corner of New England Street and the turnoff for Sainsbury's.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Craig Parkinson has confirmed he's playing Norman Potting and he'll be in the second one.

Got ya.

I think it may be Cassian Pewe who hasn't been cast then.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say it's the tall building on the corner of New England Street and the turnoff for Sainsbury's.

Yes, I believe so. They were also using the ground floor of that building as production offices for a short while.

I saw an interview with Simm which said he had already moved to Brighton, and was starting the process of this before starting Grace.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Yes, I believe so. They were also using the ground floor of that building as production offices for a short while.

I saw an interview with Simm which said he had already moved to Brighton, and was starting the process of this before starting Grace.

Sensible, though those production offices are now at the racecourse.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

grace.jpg

That one ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
All Saints, Patcham - as in the book.

I'm not convinced it is. I got married there and lived just round the corner and while the inside shot certainly could be All Saints, the outside doesn't look like there.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Thanks for the compliment, but after my time. Hard to be sure about the dates, but guessing between about 64 and 68 for me. I loved it so much, it seemed like a long time. Clifford Dann, the Estate Agent, was choir master and organist. He had a Austin Princess Van den Plas R which seemed to me to make him the height of wealth and sophistication. Ken Brookes was his deputy and drove a Triumph Herald. Less impressive. Charlie Hazelgrove was the grumpy verger with a heart of gold and mints in his pocket in case you felt a bit dicky tummy at church. Choirboy pay, especially for weddings, half a crown each wedding and up to 3 or 4 on a good Saturday, kept me in 45's, Airfix kits, Jamboree bags and fireworks. Good times.

:lolol: Absolutely spot on.

I remember Clifford Dann and Ken Brookes and of course Charlie who's used to tell us of his time in the navy in WW2 and how after his ship was sunk, he was in the water and vowed that if he made it he would devote his life to the church and God, He also had the loudest voice in the church as well. Re the weddings it was still half a crown a wedding in the early seventies and I remember doing 5 on one Saturday and converting ten of my shillings into one of those old brown ten bob notes, also Christmas was a real money spinner with Carol Singing around the newly built blocks of flats along the London Road. Good times indeed and it seems a world away.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I watched it last night. Certainly enjoyable, but definitely an ITV production, I think the BBC would have done it better. Personally I would have preferred to have seen it spread over 3 or 4 hour-long episodes

Think the pandemic, and the desperate need for new content, probably forced the hand of the producers. I enjoyed it - but as someone else said it felt rushed. A big ITV drama with a proper lead would, in normal times, have had more time to breathe/evolve because other stuff on the slate would be being developed/shot at the same time.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
There or somewhere close - I assumed it was a top floor flat in the so-called New England Quarter, maybe a little further north? You could see Theobald House as well as St Barts but also New England House.

It’s a penthouse in one of the blocks on the other side of Sainsbury’s, I’ve actually been on that roof terrace [emoji106]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here