Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Smith on SSN

D

Deleted User X18H

Gordan Smith was just on SSN talking about Brighton. Only had good things to say about Brighton and see's no reason why we shouldn't do well in the Championship. :bhasign:

Whatever love in's we've had and however much he regrets IT. He does owe us BIG TIME.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Just saw that a minute ago, well hopefully we can do what he said and try and get to the Premier League.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
GS "(gus) is doing a fnatastic job, he's got them going, they're so well clear I'm delighted for them. I keep an eye on their results all the time, I've got a great deal of affection for them, I had happy times there, both on football and in a personal sense too, great games and getting to the cup final....I'm also happy that they're moving to a new ground at the end of the season, that's fantastic for next season, they're definitely on the up now - heading to the Championship, bigger support so it's all looking very positive for the club. I'm glad to see that 'cos they've had their downside, certainly losing The Goldstone Ground and having to move to the Withdean Stadium, it just wasn't right for them, the crowds have dropped, hopefully that core support is still there"

SSN "...how far can they go?

GS; "It happened before when Alan Mullery was manager before I went there. When I went to Brighton they were in the top league, the old what was called the First Division. They'd come through from the 3rd Division to the 1st with fantastic runs, Alan Mullery did it, Gus Poyet's got the team going and there's no reason why once they start to develop with a good ground, getting more supporters in and maybe getting a bit more money, that the club can't continue with this run. He's obvioisly built a very very strong and a good side there. The fact that they're winning so comfortably in what is a very difficult league. I've seen a few games in League 1 and there's some tough opposition there, really hard games and it's very hard to put together a consistent run but Brighton are doing that"

D

Deleted User X18H

Shut it you tit, this thread is about the legend Gordon Smith, not that bitch who raped our country.

I didn't take this thread politically sideways. Kent boy did. Since I was a 14 year old at Wembley I have never quite fully forgiven Gordon Smith and never will. I enjoyed his greatest Albion momment though.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I didn't take this thread politically sideways. Kent boy did. Since I was a 14 year old at Wembley I have never quite fully forgiven Gordon Smith and never will. I enjoyed his greatest Albion momment though.

You've never forgiven the man who scored many goals to get us to the final and our first goal in the final for having a very tired shot well saved by a world class goalkeeper? Blimey, I'd hate to get on the wrong side of you.

D

Deleted User X18H

You've never forgiven the man who scored many goals to get us to the final and our first goal in the final for having a very tired shot well saved by a world class goalkeeper? Blimey, I'd hate to get on the wrong side of you.

So then how many goals did Gordon Smith score to get us to the 1983 FA Cup Final?

Actually I can tell you who scored thr goals (without looking it up) Andy Rtichie Peter Ward Neil Smillie Gerry Ryan Jimmy Case (4) Michael Robinson (3).......and Smith did score but only in the Final

Last edited:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
So then how many goals did Gordon Smith score to get us to the 1983 FA Cup Final?

You know what I can't remember, maybe not many, but he scored many goals for us. Doesn't change the fact that to not forgive him for fluffing his lines (do you also blame Robbo for passing to him?) is a bit silly for a man of your (and my) age.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
She owes us nothing and many because of her, owe nothing either. But own much.

Gordon Smith has always spoken highly of us and is decent bloke. As for Thatcher ? I tell you this much, when she dies she'll have be cremated and have her ashes spread in Outer Space, if she was buried her grave would end up being the World's largest repository of human excrement.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Actually I can tell you who scored thr goals (without looking it up) Andy Rtichie Peter Ward Neil Smillie Gerry Ryan Jimmy Case (4) Michael Robinson (3).......and Smith did score but only in the Final

What about Gary Stevens?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
He was quality for us & Bailey saved it.

Wierd how someone goes from Gordon Smith to Thatcher...very NSC.

D

Deleted User X18H

He blatantly looked that up, the delay proves that.

No I didn't I origninally asked you how many Smith scored in the cup run. 1983 is one of the defining momments of my life . I like many of my generation lived the dream that year.

D

Deleted User X18H

Gordon Smith has always spoken highly of us and is decent bloke. As for Thatcher ? I tell you this much, when she dies she'll have be cremated and have her ashes spread in Outer Space, if she was buried her grave would end up being the World's largest repository of human excrement.

Burying her in Kent are they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here