Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The skipper comes back from the wilderness to lead us into the promised land. It is written in the stars.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Have Goldson and greer even played together? That would be my only worry, comical that some disregard Greer like he's some bit part player.. First half of the season and during our massive unbeaten run Greer was the man holding the defence together which some have magically forgotten. I have absolutely no doubts Greer is capable.

Losing Dunk is of course a big blow, but Greers experience could prove vital.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Have Goldson and greer even played together? That would be my only worry, comical that some disregard Greer like he's some bit part player.. First half of the season and during our massive unbeaten run Greer was the man holding the defence together which some have magically forgotten. I have absolutely no doubts Greer is capable.

Nope, they haven't.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

Greer will be fine. The only worry I have with that pairing is that they are both right sided central defenders and with not time to adjust to each other it is a big game to pair the two of them together in; however, I am sure they will work on it in training this week.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I predict Greer will recreate David sole's slow march onto the field from 1990 and lead us to glory.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you had to change 1 player against Boro with an able deputy I think most would opt for Dunk to be replaced by Greer or Skalak by Murphy....Dunk being out is not a major problem. GG will be fine.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

Capable? Most of the time but ages catches up with all of us.

Culpable? Has been on occasion this season.

Leader? Most of the time.

Experienced? At this sort of level? Not really.

Do not misunderstand me I want him to succeed but no one steps in without having played competitive football at his age for so long without being rusty. It's a risk we have to take because we don't have another choice but I fear it will be our downfall.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here