Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm going to be gutted if we let him go, been one of my favourite players for ages.

He will not let us down. We're all behind you GG.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Wasn't hunnemeier declared fit last week?
May not be Greer if that's the case

Greer will do OK for us, much more worried about the attacking side of our game given how badly that misfired today apart from the ever creative Knocky

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Greer will do OK for us, much more worried about the attacking side of our game given how badly that misfired today apart from the ever creative Knocky

This.

Skalak was pretty quiet today and Hemed was a passenger the whole game...... Get some pain killing injections into Bobby and get him out there in some capacity

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We were pretty poor creatively today however with Greer as back up there is simply no need to worry.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
This.

Skalak was pretty quiet today and Hemed was a passenger the whole game...... Get some pain killing injections into Bobby and get him out there in some capacity

Skalak was quiet, but I thought Hemed had a good game, particularly in the first half.

There is no doubting Skalak's ability from set pieces. What I question is whether what he brings in terms of delivery, makes up for what we lose in open play with him in the team.

He has produced several moments of brilliance which have helped win us crucial points, however apart from that he has been a total passenger. I would rather start with Murphy, who has the ability to beat a full back and run beyond the strikers - something we missed massively on the left today.

D

Deleted member 22389

It's annoying losing Dunk, however I would have been more annoyed if it was Goldson who got sent off today.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
In a tight game, we'd be mental not to start with Skalak given the amount of goals he's created. Free-kicks and corners could be our best chance - especially as Boro were struggling from them against Birmingham.

Skalak was quiet, but I thought Hemed had a good game, particularly in the first half.

There is no doubting Skalak's ability from set pieces. What I question is whether what he brings in terms of delivery, makes up for what we lose in open play with him in the team.

He has produced several moments of brilliance which have helped win us crucial points, however apart from that he has been a total passenger. I would rather start with Murphy, who has the ability to beat a full back and run beyond the strikers - something we missed massively on the left today.

This is the way I'm thinking too. If we keep it right and cagey against Boro next week I think we play into their hands in allowing their big guys into the game to bully us as they did at the Amex. We need to keep them turning the entire match and that means pace, pace, pace and a real threat down both wings, not just relying on Knocky. For the same reason I'd also start Wilson, the boy has something even though he's inconsistent

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
We were saying after a game over a month ago that Dunk could do with getting a suspension before the end of the season, as he has a tendency to get excited & into trouble in the big games. No disrespect, Lewis has played out of his skin for the last few months but if (& I know it's an if) Gordon's fit then I'd rather see him on Saturday &/or (God forbid) a pay-off final

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not convinced by Greer at the best of times. Stepping into a must-win game not having pkayed for months worries me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here