Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer M.I.A

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Just seen wolves 3rd goal. Standard stuff from Greer. I would rather bridcutt marks their most dangerous player from crosses into our box than Greer. Don't think I've ever seen a poorer centre half in the air than Greer. He need not even go forward for corners either. Doesn't even look like he wants to win a header.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I said at beginning of season amd will say again i dont think greer will finish the season as captain itll be crofty or el abd.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm not a big fan of Greer, much of his weaknesses have already been highlighted, particularly his inability to be anywhere near commanding enough in the air - but it frightens me how often he gives the ball away when he's not even under pressure. And I feel that we always look more fragile at the back when Dunk plays. We definately need a new CB to partner El-Abd IMO.

Leebrighton

Aug 8, 2012
The same as usual nobody; He needs to sit on the bench and watch El Abd and learn how to defend against men bigger and stronger than himself.

God you talk some real shit not one goal was down to dunk today first goal good move good goal second goal bridcutt very bad pass straight to them dunk made a challenge ball fell to them and there a was deflection past kussack third goal clearly down to gg at far post ralphingtonpuss summed you up in another gg thread you clearly have a tainted and unfair opinion so grow up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
God you talk some real shit not one goal was down to dunk today first goal good move good goal second goal bridcutt very bad pass straight to them dunk made a challenge ball fell to them and there a was deflection past kussack third goal clearly down to gg at far post ralphingtonpuss summed you up in another gg thread you clearly have a tainted and unfair opinion so grow up

I didnt go today but the general opinions on here appears to be that he was responsible for 2 of the goals and speaking to one of my sons who went to the game he could and should have done better with all of the goals and had a poor game generally. I respect the views of Severnside Gull perhaps you should read his assessment in the marks today thread. As I have said many times I think that he has great potential but is not good enough yet an we suffer whenever he plays.

Leebrighton

Aug 8, 2012
I didnt go today but the general opinions on here appears to be that he was responsible for 2 of the goals and speaking to one of my sons who went to the game he could and should have done better with all of the goals and had a poor game generally. I respect the views of Severnside Gull perhaps you should read his assessment in the marks today thread. As I have said many times I think that he has great potential but is not good enough yet an we suffer whenever he plays.

Did not go and still you think your right look at ratings yourself and if your son listen to you all the time not surprised by his comments only suggest you watch highlights 1st goal right side defence one two past Greer and Bruno so can't see how that is his fault 2nd goal bridcutt bad pass and 3rd goal gg at far post just proves your opinion is tainted as said earlier reason we dropped 2 points today at 1.1 Dobs missed a sitter ,Lopez also blazed over and Barnes have to take them chances have an opinion but be fair also was at game so know what I saw

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Did not go and still you think your right look at ratings yourself and if your son listen to you all the time not surprised by his comments only suggest you watch highlights 1st goal right side defence one two past Greer and Bruno so can't see how that is his fault 2nd goal bridcutt bad pass and 3rd goal gg at far post just proves your opinion is tainted as said earlier reason we dropped 2 points today at 1.1 Dobs missed a sitter ,Lopez also blazed over and Barnes have to take them chances have an opinion but be fair also was at game so know what I saw

Having now had the opportunity to watch the FL Show and being able to stop and play etc. I will accept that the 1st Wolves goal was not Dunks fault, the 2nd was 100% his fault with the lunge tackle and he was lucky not to get a red card for it, far worse than the one by Wolves player on Bridcutt. The third goal was a cross from their left into our 6 yd box and you expect your central defenders to be able to cut those crosses out so him and Greer must accept some responsibility for that, as must Calderon who missed the header.

I think that I would accept my sons opinion as being a better summing up than yours.

Leebrighton

Aug 8, 2012
Having now had the opportunity to watch the FL Show and being able to stop and play etc. I will accept that the 1st Wolves goal was not Dunks fault, the 2nd was 100% his fault with the lunge tackle and he was lucky not to get a red card for it, far worse than the one by Wolves player on Bridcutt. The third goal was a cross from their left into our 6 yd box and you expect your central defenders to be able to cut those crosses out so him and Greer must accept some responsibility for that, as must Calderon who missed the header.

I think that I would accept my sons opinion as being a better summing up than yours.

Of course you would because that's what you want to hear not the facts bridcutt you say no blame if he keeps ball when under no pressure this thread would not be on here as for defending a set play you defend the player you are told to mark and not let him score as gg did not so clearly his fault as his reaction showed at the end of the game and when they scored

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Had Dunk not lunged in and stood up the player would have had to go round him and not go on and shoot so it was 100% Dunks mistake, but he will learn with more experience.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm not a big fan of Greer, much of his weaknesses have already been highlighted, particularly his inability to be anywhere near commanding enough in the air - but it frightens me how often he gives the ball away when he's not even under pressure. And I feel that we always look more fragile at the back when Dunk plays. We definately need a new CB to partner El-Abd IMO.

Spot on. El-Abd with a new signing. And if Dunk drops out of the squad, a second new central defender required.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Our ex captain was Crofts. He is a real leader. His position suits a captains role more than CB. He can control the defense and attack because he plays a central role. BRING CROFTS BACK AS CAPTAIN!

I have to say if I've been disappointed with anyone (of the "new" signings) it's him. Maybe I set my expectations too high but I saw him as a real key to us improving yet he's been largely unimpressive and anonymous. I think he'll struggle to keep his place unless his performances improve.

Greer is having a dodgy patch no doubt ... but he's been good enough for the last 2+ years and he'll come good again

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Let's get 1 thing straight, for the last 3 seasons Albion's defence has been poor when the ball has been crossed to the far post. We got away with it when we won the title, last season people blamed the goalies who were poor on crosses and this season so far the oppossition hasn't taken most of the chances that have occured due to there being a decent keeper between the posts. But the problem is still there, that only 1 of our 3 c/b knows how to put himself about and defend v a strong c/f and yesterday he didn't play.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I have to say if I've been disappointed with anyone (of the "new" signings) it's him. Maybe I set my expectations too high but I saw him as a real key to us improving yet he's been largely unimpressive and anonymous. I think he'll struggle to keep his place unless his performances improve.

Greer is having a dodgy patch no doubt ... but he's been good enough for the last 2+ years and he'll come good again

Agree with your first point and hope your second one is right, i do still have concerns about his lack of pace, if you're having an off game pace can cover the cracks, Gordon doesn't have this luxury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here