Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer M.I.A

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth
Where was our captain when we needed him?
On the floor with his head in his hands, after Johnson's equaliser.
Time for Poyet to appoint a real leader as captain step forward Bruno.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
At fault for the first goal as well. Shocking display by the knock kneed Jesse again. At least he had the good grace to scuttle down the tunnel in shame at the final whistle without coming over to the fans. We need a captain whose going to stand up and be counted not go hiding. He's a wrong 'un.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
For such a big bloke he is appalling at heading/marking. Lost every ball to Barnett on Tuesday and at fault for the equaliser today. Can he even jump?

Yes people will point to our defensive record as a whole but I would attribute that more to Kuszczak, Bridge and Bruno.

Dunk hardly covered himself in glory either with the lunge for the second goal.

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
For such a big bloke he is appalling at heading/marking. Lost every ball to Barnett on Tuesday and at fault for the equaliser today. Can he even jump?

Yes people will point to our defensive record as a whole but I would attribute that more to Kuszczak, Bridge and Bruno.

Dunk hardly covered himself in glory either with the lunge for the second goal.

Tbf bridcutt had just given it away and they were attacking with pace, so he had to break it up

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sorry to piss on peoples' parade but Dunk was the weak link today and not Greer. He let Doumbia through for the second and was positionally suspect every time they came forward.

Bruno who was exceptional was at fault for the opener but I bet no-one criticises him.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
sorry to piss on peoples' parade but Dunk was the weak link today and not Greer. He let Doumbia through for the second and was positionally suspect every time they came forward.

Bruno who was exceptional was at fault for the opener but I bet no-one criticises him.
Agreed, No-one criticises Dunk because he's young, No-one criticises Bruno because he came from Spain? El-Abd is Mr Brighton, Sooo lets all blame Greer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

bandwagon job i am afraid

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

It's not a parade and Greer was at fault for the first. Three of the back four held a good line but KKJ was always 5yards behind them and thus defeating the point.

mikes smalls

Dec 13, 2006
Isleworth

The only reason Dunk looked bad positionally was because Greer likes to defend 5 yards behind everyone else so he's not beaten for pace. How can anyone blame Dunk for the second goal when Bridcutt clearly gave the ball away with a poor scooped pass.

BHA123456

Apr 12, 2012
Our ex captain was Crofts. He is a real leader. His position suits a captains role more than CB. He can control the defense and attack because he plays a central role. BRING CROFTS BACK AS CAPTAIN!

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Our ex captain was Crofts. He is a real leader. His position suits a captains role more than CB. He can control the defense and attack because he plays a central role. BRING CROFTS BACK AS CAPTAIN!

You may very well be correct but he needs to deliver a few convincing performances before we start talking about that sort of suggestion !

I have posted on this subject on another thread

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Where was our captain when we needed him?
On the floor with his head in his hands, after Johnson's equaliser.
Time for Poyet to appoint a real leader as captain step forward Bruno.

Bruno went missing for the first goal though

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It's not a parade and Greer was at fault for the first. Three of the back four held a good line but KKJ was always 5yards behind them and thus defeating the point.

watch tonight.
Bruno was behind Greer and got drawn inside allowing Sako a clear run throygh the channel. Greer held his position.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If Greer is dropped, who would Dunk pass to?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

Agreed. Plus he is too slow so has to keep dropping off and is no leader at this level.

I'm sure opposition target our right hand side because of the weakness in the air of Greer and Bruno/Calderon.

Poyet must look to buy a new CH in January, regardless whether Dunk is available.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here