Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I had a chuckle when I noticed that you can't change your name or date of birth on the ticket system but you can change your gender!

So my wife who's name has been spelt wrong from the beginning can't change it but she can become a male or "unspecified". Nice.

Maybe they could use "ladies, gentleman and unspecified"?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
"I am aware however, that some customers may not relate to or feel comfortable with the way that certain station announcements are made."

Ladies & Gentlemen, has now become an offensive term.
Just finish me off now, I can't take anymore of this pandering to the confused/ugly, everybody ****ing wins, teenager society.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i have just had an inane conversation with a load of my daughters friends about euthanasia .......for people with such strong beliefs they actually haven't got a ****in clue

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
"I am aware however, that some customers may not relate to or feel comfortable with the way that certain station announcements are made."

Ladies & Gentlemen, has now become an offensive term.
Just finish me off now, I can't take anymore of this pandering to the confused/ugly, everybody ****ing wins, teenager society.

Why do you assume that people who identify as neither a 'lady' or a 'gentleman' are confused? Or ugly?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Why do you assume that I assume?

It's observation.

Fair enough, I didn't mean to finger point. I just found it an interesting choice of words.

I don't think anyone is being pandered to; society progresses forwards as it is wont to do and this is just another step.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Fair enough, I didn't mean to finger point. I just found it an interesting choice of words.

I don't think anyone is being pandered to; society progresses forwards as it is wont to do and this is just another step.

I just refuse to bow down to this new ultra social justice trend.
Personally I just don't see this as society moving forwards, I see it as a cluster**** of a generation which will blow over eventually.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I just refuse to bow down to this new ultra social justice trend.
Personally I just don't see this as society moving forwards, I see it as a cluster**** of a generation which will blow over eventually.

See, that's interesting too because I've got it down as the complete opposite. This, to me, is the generation that's taking society towards where it needs to be: inclusive and open and moving away from the generations that oppressed people because of their gender, skin colour or sexual preferences.

To think that this will "blow over" and we'll go back to that is quite frightening. Not necessarily for me because I'll be dead but for any kids I might have. Do I want my potential daughters to come into a world where they're treated like lesser beings because they have a vagina? Not especially, no.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
To think that this will "blow over" and we'll go back to that is quite frightening. Not necessarily for me because I'll be dead but for any kids I might have. Do I want my potential daughters to come into a world where they're treated like lesser beings because they have a vagina? Not especially, no.

thats sexism. when your future daughter in their mid-teens announces they're trigender ("the feeling of having three simultaneous or fluctuating genders"), you may quietly think wtf?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
See, that's interesting too because I've got it down as the complete opposite. This, to me, is the generation that's taking society towards where it needs to be: inclusive and open and moving away from the generations that oppressed people because of their gender, skin colour or sexual preferences.

Maybe we've misunderstood each other, I'm absolutely all for gender equality.
It's the number of genders being created each day that I protest.

Society has made huge strides in improving sexual/gender/race equality, and it should and will continue to do so.

It's the SJW and fictional pronouns that I don't see as further helping society.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Just another example of inclusivity or pc gone mad?

Top UK university replaces busts and portraits of bearded white scholars with ethnic minorities and women

King’s College London must replace busts and portraits of some of its founding fathers with ethnic minorities amid pressure from students, a dean says.

The plans to move portraits of former faculty staff from the main entrance wall and replace them with more BME scholars are being implemented by the world famous Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, following concern among academics that current teaching is too “intimidating” for ethnic minorities.

The proposals were unveiled by Professor Patrick Leman, the Institute’s dean of education, who said that the faculty should not just be filled with “busts of 1920s bearded men” but rather more modern, diverse scholars so that the Institute feels less “alienating”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...laces-busts-portraits-bearded-white-scholars/

I don't think I have ever felt intimidated or alienated by a bust quite the opposite in fact ...

el punal

Just another example of inclusivity or pc gone mad?

Top UK university replaces busts and portraits of bearded white scholars with ethnic minorities and women

King’s College London must replace busts and portraits of some of its founding fathers with ethnic minorities amid pressure from students, a dean says.

The plans to move portraits of former faculty staff from the main entrance wall and replace them with more BME scholars are being implemented by the world famous Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience, following concern among academics that current teaching is too “intimidating” for ethnic minorities.

The proposals were unveiled by Professor Patrick Leman, the Institute’s dean of education, who said that the faculty should not just be filled with “busts of 1920s bearded men” but rather more modern, diverse scholars so that the Institute feels less “alienating”.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...laces-busts-portraits-bearded-white-scholars/

I don't think I have ever felt intimidated or alienated by a bust quite the opposite in fact ...

It makes you think though - whatever did Michael Jackson ever do for Fulham?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
This is all part of a trend to have people believe a mental disorder is actually a normal state of being and not a mental issue.

Transgender needs to be treated the same as someone who is schizophrenic.

Schizophrenic people think they are many different things, we don't go out of our way to justify their thoughts as a reality. We try to help them get psychological help.

Jan 30, 2008
This is all part of a trend to have people believe a mental disorder is actually a normal state of being and not a mental issue.

Transgender needs to be treated the same as someone who is schizophrenic.

Schizophrenic people think they are many different things, we don't go out of our way to justify their thoughts as a reality. We try to help them get psychological help.
yeah, I had an issue with a trans gender doing my job , PERSON LOOKED LIKE A BLOKE AND WHEN I CALLED HIM SIR GOT ALL STROPPY AND OFFERD TO DROP HIS TROUSERS WTF!, ****ED OFF SHARPISH, CONFUSSED WEIRDO'S IF YOU ASK ME.:rolleyes:
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here