Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
As I said, a poster who works with said people thinks this is a positive move. Despite the added cost (minimal retraining?? What else?) and some lessons feeling less connected because of this (really??, my guess is most wouldn't even notice) I am still on the side of 'step in the right direction'.

How is Melbourne treating you?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Early days but great so far. Staying with family, but broken up with a bit of dog sitting here and there, but taking it all slowly to keep the costs down till we get our visas and can start earning. Will PM you.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Reminds me of a story I was told about being on the bus and a large lady got on to the rammed bus, puffing and wheezing. Nobody offered a seat. After much puffing and huffing she piped up.

"Well I can see there are no gentlemen on this bus"

From behind a newspaper a man replied

"There are plenty of gentlemen, there are just no seats".

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Putting the gender debate to one side, why have we decided to run with one of the daftest Americanisations of our language? The idea of resting in the environs of somebody else's pong goes to prove just how stupid and in turn we have gotten if we continue to adopt such expressions. The language is ENGLISH for goodness sake and I would have thought we already have enough descriptions for Public Conveniences.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What is this insightful observation based on?

my own experience i.e discussions with my children and observations that i make whilst out and about in clubs and pubs.........i must admit having lived in Sydney for 22 yrs and organised club nights and been involved in the rave scene , i'm reasonably sure i have more than enough personal experience to comment on the subject with a fair amount of confidence.

i can remember 3 or 4 gay lads in my school........my daughter had her 17 birthday party at our house last month , there were 6 kids out of around 50 who were apparently convinced they were gay....fair enough i suppose

:shrug:

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Some of the public construction jobs we are working on in NYC now have to have gender neutral toilets. They already had unisex WCs which worked well but they were not good enough for our right on Mayor. Nice little earner for sign makers though.

View attachment 87186

Read forum faster on mobile. Get the Free Tapatalk app?

FREE - on Google Play
VIEW
Log Out
Settings
My Profile
Notifications: 33
Welcome, Bromley shrimp
North Stand Chat - Powered by vBulletin

Discussion Forums
Forum HomeNew PostsPrivate MessagesCommunity Mark Forums ReadToday's PostsFAQ
Read the Albion
My NSC
Activity Stream

Search...
Search
Advanced Search
ForumThe Main StuffThe Big Board Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"

Please help support NSC by buying from Amazon
Reply to ThreadPage 17 of 17FirstFirstPrevious...714151617 Results 161 to 163 of 163
Thread: Goodbye to "Ladies and Gentleman"
View First Unread
Search Thread
Display
Today, 11:12 #161
Members
wellquickwoody's Avatar Join Date
Aug 2007

0 Thumbs Up!
Quote Originally Posted by BadFish View Post
As I said, a poster who works with said people thinks this is a positive move. Despite the added cost (minimal retraining?? What else?) and some lessons feeling less connected because of this (really??, my guess is most wouldn't even notice) I am still on the side of 'step in the right direction'.

Early days but great so far. Staying with family, but broken up with a bit of dog sitting here and there, but taking it all slowly to keep the costs down till we get our visas and can start earning. Will PM you.
Simon Jordan, "Palace could be the Manchester United of the South" - That is why I love having the gypsies as our rivals
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Today, 11:18 #162
Members
The Clamp's Avatar Join Date
Jan 2016

1 Thumbs Up!
Reminds me of a story I was told about being on the bus and a large lady got on to the rammed bus, puffing and wheezing. Nobody offered a seat. After much puffing and huffing she piped up.

"Well I can see there are no gentlemen on this bus"

From behind a newspaper a man replied

"There are plenty of gentlemen, there are just no seats".
Quick reply to this message Reply Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message
Putting the gender debate to one side, why have we decided to run with one of the daftest Americanisations of our language? The idea of resting in the environs of somebody else's pong goes to prove just how stupid and in turn we have gotten if we continue to adopt such expressions. The language is ENGLISH for goodness sake and I would have thought we already have enough descriptions for Public Conveniences.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

if he works with them then he's bound to think it's good......it's like a greengrocer thinking that apples and broccolli being discussed is a good idea or a butcher thinking that talking about chops or sirloin is .."right on"

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
my own experience i.e discussions with my children and observations that i make whilst out and about in clubs and pubs.........i must admit having lived in Sydney for 22 yrs and organised club nights and been involved in the rave scene , i'm reasonably sure i have more than enough personal experience to comment on the subject with a fair amount of confidence.

i can remember 3 or 4 gay lads in my school........my daughter had her 17 birthday party at our house last month , there were 6 kids out of around 50 who were apparently convinced they were gay....fair enough i suppose

:shrug:
Okay so more gay people about in Sydney, could be many reasons for this apart from it being trendy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here