Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye Kuszczak

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
A very good keeper who has had 3 bad games. Unfortunately they were arguably the most high profile:high expectation games in our season and so his poor performances have been amplified. I agree that there appears to be a level of unhappiness amongst some of the players.
Manure got rid because he flapped in the big games seems to still do it. Great in a league game but any pressure matches and he makes stupid mistakes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I would say that IS questionable. He is not better than David Marshall, or Jon Ruddy, or Stockdale, Guzan, Foster, Schmeichel, Grant and these are guys who've just been relegated or top end Championship.

He only stands a chance if one or more of this lot move on, or if Gus replaces Mannone with PIG. This may happen but, on what I've seen this season, PIG is no better than the keepers of the teams above us in the Prem and Championship. That said, I think he IS a decent keeper.

There are plenty of CHAMPIONSHIP teams that are better than us also, remember.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There are plenty of CHAMPIONSHIP teams that are better than us also, remember.

Well according to the final table there are 5 which, in my book, is a few not plenty.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does PIG make mistakes? Yes. If he didn't he wouldn't be outside of the Premiership.
Were we all VERY happy with him until very recently? Yes, I believe we were.
Have we had worse keepers that PIG the last few years? Oh yes, PIG is undoubtedly one of the best we've had.

Careful what you wish for lads. Who can for get David Gonzalez?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Does PIG make mistakes? Yes. If he didn't he wouldn't be outside of the Premiership.
Were we all VERY happy with him until very recently? Yes, I believe we were.
Have we had worse keepers that PIG the last few years? Oh yes, PIG is undoubtedly one of the best we've had.

Careful what you wish for lads. Who can for get David Gonzalez?

TK isn't as good as he thinks he is (or many on here).

I'm not having a pop at him but there are weaknesses in his game that he hasn't managed to eradicate:

Prefers punching the ball when it would be easy to catch it; Distribution is nowhere near as good as Ankergren's; Doesn't command his area as well as I anticipated when he first arrived here.

Seems like a decent guy but as a goalkeeper he simply isn't good enough (at the moment) for the Premier League-being a reasonable shot stopper isn't enough these days.

IF the 'rumours' are correct, and he IS looking to move, best we do it now so there's time to bring a replacement in. Like I say, not having a pop at him but if he's unhappy there's not much point trying to hang on to him. Of course, it could well be that he is unhappy because his contract hasn't been sorted out yet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here