Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good or bad time to play Blackpool?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
How can it be a bad time to play a totally gash team in disarray? If we've any ambition whatsoever we should be licking our lips at the prospect

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I still firmly believe two more wins will be enough. Blackpool are in total free fall and Yeovil may well be down by Friday. True we could have been playing two teams with nothing to play for, but then people would say they can relax and play without fear. Truth is we could not have hand picked two better games to have at home. As others have already said, if we don't win both games at home then we don't deserve to finish 6th.

Spot on - couldnt have hand picked 2 better home games

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's a bad time for those who are understandably nervous about how close we are to making the top six. It's easy to look for demons in any fixture.

If we play a top team they are strong, a bottom team are fighting for their lives, a mid-table team could be playing for pride!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Given the way things happen in this league, I'm sure our fellow contenders will help us out if our result becomes too favourable for them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I will be pleasantly surprised if we win them both. I do not see football as being like that. One does not always get what one 'deserves'. I see a win in one and a draw in the other as likely which will take us to Nottingham Forest and anything can happen there. Our home record over the season does not suggest easy success in any home game, whatever the opposition, we are not that good !!! We need to battle and trust to the bit of luck any side needs.

Excellent post! Blackpool are in serious freefall and IF we start with pace and movement and can get a goal in front we should beat them. Yeovil on the other hand are something of a conundrum. I believe they have lost more points from a winning position than anyone and if we do fall behind it will be no surprise, it will test our mettle.
I dont subscibe to the "maybe we dont want it" theory. We started slowly and looked nervous on Saturday which for me was a sign that, after two very pacey performances the importance of the match was getting to us. That is the real danger if it goes to the last game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Everyone keeps saying if we don't win both games we don't deserve to finish 6th and the players need to be shot etc.

Nonsense and bollocks.

HOWEVER many points we get, if we finish 6th we DESERVE to finish 6th. What you deserve is based on the whole season, not 3 games.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
That is the key. The longer we go without scoring, I can see the atmosphere becoming very nervy.

Oscar's Albion make me nervous. You just never know when the next toothless performance is going to show up, when we could play until dark and still not look like scoring. It's unnerving.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everyone keeps saying if we don't win both games we don't deserve to finish 6th and the players need to be shot etc.

Nonsense and bollocks.

HOWEVER many points we get, if we finish 6th we DESERVE to finish 6th. What you deserve is based on the whole season, not 3 games.
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, we won't be 6th.
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, the players need to be shot.
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, the players are unlikely to be able to shoot themselves :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, we won't be 6th.
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, the players need to be shot.
If we don't beat Blackpool and Yeovil at home, the players are unlikely to be able to shoot themselves :lolol:

We could easily make 6th winning one and drawing one, and beating Forest. It's all nonsense. Everything considered it's been a very very good season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We could easily make 6th winning one and drawing one, and beating Forest. It's all nonsense. Everything considered it's been a very very good season.
All things considered it's been a fabulous season.

Making failure to get over the line, when the fixture fairy has bestowed upon us the best closing fixtures, all the more unacceptable.

What's the point of fighting adversity and injury, all season long, only to wimp out over the next 180 minutes.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Answering the question...... our Calde inspired win at Bloomfield Road seems to have inspired their demise........since then anytime is a good time to play Blackpool :lolol:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All things considered it's been a fabulous season.

Making failure to get over the line, when the fixture fairy has bestowed upon us the best closing fixtures, all the more unacceptable.

What's the point of fighting adversity and injury, all season long, only to wimp out over the next 180 minutes.

But again it isn't that simple and black and white. We might utterly batter both sides but then lose to a dodgy penalty, or we might lose 2/3 of our players to injury suddenly, or a sickness bug might hit the squad. If we simply don't TRY then obviously I agree with you, but football is rarely as straightforward as that. Such a huge amount of variables.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Blackpool worries me now. I'm sure there are psychologists who can explain it but why do teams in freefall suddenly start to fight only when they are actually IN the bottom 3? Look at Charlton and Millwall recently.

Similarly what is the phycology that explains why the team in 6th seems not to want to hold onto it!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here