Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Going to the Game Saturday or Staying away because of Corona Virus?

Will you stay away Saturday

• I will be there

Votes: 307 83.9%
  • Staying Away

Votes: 59 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Not going. Have a newly developed persistent cough. Sure it wasn't there yesterday, although I was sneezing a lot then, but suddenly can't stop and my chest is aching.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
decided to stay away.

have v elderly parents to look out for, a very asthmatic daughter, and a business to try and keep open. There are only 15 of us there, and reckon a virus coming in could close us in a week.

my concern is not so much keeping us financially solvent, but trying to keep my guys and gals in paid employment. I am getting seriously concerned for them all.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
lord sakes, this is now becoming seriously concerning.
So, i’ve just cracked open a nice bottle of Ridgeview Bloomsbury, i’m just celebrating life as it is, and anyhow it’s been in the fridge 15 months waiting for a special evening. Well i’m alive so let’s celebrate

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Still going, but going straight to game and straight home, will not be doing the usual pre-match shant and ruby after,I think the congregating in pubs will accelerate the spread far more than being in the open air, I feel for pubs and restaurants in the coming months, it’s going to be tough for them.[emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Going to be interesting to whether folks distance themselves from neighbouring fans a tad, with the constant hand cleansing from dubious bottles and limited contact when we score our 3 goals.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I am still travelling on the tube and delivering training etc at work and I think these activities are riskier than sitting in a crowd in an open air venue, so I'm still going on Saturday. If I get any symptoms I will immediately self-isolate.

This is what I don’t get.

People are worried about getting on a train going to a football game, but it’s no different to getting a train to work.

My train going in to London is still packed every day.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
This is what I don’t get.

People are worried about getting on a train going to a football game, but it’s no different to getting a train to work.

My train going in to London is still packed every day.

Although you could see that if people drive to work, then getting a contagious train isn't a risk they normally take.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Been on the tube everyday this week and haven’t noticed a reduced headcount.

The risk is only increased by the additional journey you are making under similar conditions.

We’ve been told to increase our home working days next week on a gradual increase to test the bandwidth of the VPN we use based on additional traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I started this poll not thinking many would say “not going “ Given the escalating scenario now not surprised at the number saying not going. Reluctantly I have decided not to go. At nearly 80 years if I get it and pop off, so be it but I would hate to think I get the virus and give it to my lovely wife. I wish you all the best.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm in a household with my Spanish missus, and her mother, each speaking maybe 47000 words about the virus every day, a third of those utterings of how i will bring it into the house. So if i go to the game, i'm not allowed to see my son for a fortnight.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
An hour is a long time as far as this virus is concerned.

It begs the question what level of communication clubs are having with the Premier League.

Surely as soon as he exhibited symptoms and a test was scheduled [which must have been at least a couple of days ago] they should have told the League? Weird all round behaviour when you think about all possible outcomes:

1. No dialogue between League and any clubs - league announce all games on without checking all clubs if there are any outstanding tests that could hamper their ability to fulfil a fixture. Odd.

2. League announce games on despite knowledge Arteta had been tested. Weird not to wait on result first or simply told they will force Arsenal to fulfil fixture or forfeit the game (in reality this won’t happen now)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here