Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Going to the Game Saturday or Staying away because of Corona Virus?

Will you stay away Saturday

• I will be there

Votes: 307 83.9%
  • Staying Away

Votes: 59 16.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I'll go if it's on, but I am in two minds, so may change it later on...

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I had voted that I was going but based on events here in Malta, I will not be coming.

The concern is that maybe Malta will extend the ban on incoming flights from the current 5 countries to the UK and we will be stuck in a hotel in the UK for 14 days.
I had booked and paid for flights, 3 hotels and car hire and doubtful of any refunds unless the UK government bans visits or football matches are behind closed doors or postponed.

Lost a lot of money but health and possible infecting others is more important.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I am still travelling on the tube and delivering training etc at work and I think these activities are riskier than sitting in a crowd in an open air venue, so I'm still going on Saturday. If I get any symptoms I will immediately self-isolate.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'm going but also want the decision taken out of my hands really. Personally think it should be called off.

Why, the press conference after the COBRA meeting was very clear for the rationale for not banning large events currently.

But if you think it should be called off, then I suggest you stay at home and self isolate for a few months until the Government tell you that virus no longer posses any danger

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I am still travelling on the tube and delivering training etc at work and I think these activities are riskier than sitting in a crowd in an open air venue, so I'm still going on Saturday. If I get any symptoms I will immediately self-isolate.

But,from what we are told, you can pass on the virus before you have symptons.

This is why we are cancelling our trip at a loss of approx €1000.

It maybe ok within the stadium but what about trains, buses to and from?

We were also concerned that Malta, which has reacted with much more restrictive regulations may stop incoming flights from the UK as they already have from Italy, Spain, France, Germany and Switzerland.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here