Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going to bed with socks on....

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The thought of an adult male human being wearing socks in bed makes me feel very queesy for some reason. Possibly acceptable on a female. If she's fit.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
I was 35 on Monday and during a moment of brief reflection today I have realised that I now always wear my socks to bed. In fact, on cold nights, I wear 2 pairs.

Is this acceptable at my age. Its normal. Right?[/QUOTE

No and No :facepalm:
:lolol:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I can understand it if there's no central heating but apart from that sleeping with socks on is plain wrong.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
No central heating and this winter I've probably done it 3 or 4 times. Don't think ever before that in my 30 years though!

Unfortunatly these days with it just being me in the bed I can't even warm them up on someone else :moo: The cat is bugger all use either as she dissapears and then just as I'm drifting off desides to come and sit on my face :gasp: wake me up with a start, and hense why I'm on NSC at stupid o'clock!

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Whatever happened to hot water bottles?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Never even thought that wearing sock to bed, there as some really weird people about.

Strange, and somewhat ignorant post. Suffering with bad circulation in both hands and feet I'd rather wear socks to bed than lie there unable to sleep with feet that are like blocks of ice. I should imagine you're also one of those who think outfield footballers (largely black or mixed race) who wear gloves should 'man up' when you've no comprehension of how bad circulation in hands and feet is a common condition in black and mixed race men and women.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Unless your feet stick out of the bed then no, unless it's for medical reasons. If I get a hole in a pair of socks then I have to throw them out immediately because the obsessive-compulsive-disorder in me will need to keep checking to see if they've completely worn out and got a potato in them, especially at work and then they're binned. :facepalm:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Strange, and somewhat ignorant post. Suffering with bad circulation in both hands and feet I'd rather wear socks to bed than lie there unable to sleep with feet that are like blocks of ice. I should imagine you're also one of those who think outfield footballers (largely black or mixed race) who wear gloves should 'man up' when you've no comprehension of how bad circulation in hands and feet is a common condition in black and mixed race men and women.

Totally agree with you, CM. My hands and, to a lesser extent, feet get really cold, while the rest of me stays normal temperature in the winter, so I have no problem with donning hat, gloves, etc. Yes, I've worn socks in bed, don't really see that there is anything wrong with it. :shrug:

Maybe those that find it so wrong could explain why they are so opposed to it?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Have been known to as I am quite tall and my feet stick out of he end of the bed.

I did read wearing socks in beds stops Gout attacks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here