Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Going backwards in every respect

jackrussel

Dec 30, 2012
Brighton
Get rid of the person who is buying/ loaning players like Ogrady, Obiga , lita etc these players lack the one thing defenders hate ...speed, I feel that this is the same person both Gus and Oscar came up against when they said they were banging their heads against the wall trying to get quality players.
The board seem to be very amateurish when getting new players in as they once again have left it to the last minute, and they send a email regarding transport to the stadium a week before new season... both matters should have been done months ago.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Fenelon looked overwhelmed. Ince had a shocker. Ref's sending off of Crofts was a joke. JFC was a sending off waiting to happen. Kemy is truly awful, get rid. Play Kaz and Buckers as wide men. Too narrow. Stockdale looked confident, talked to back 4. Hughes, very composed. Greer, MOM apart from getting skinned once. O'Grady put a shift in but no Ulloa. CMS had to suffer same old story of long balls over the top, not once did he get a ball to feet. Could you honestly tell we've got a new manager?? Going to be a long 5 weeks until the window shuts, at which point we will have to play catch up. A potential waste of 6 fairly decent point gaining fixtures if we don't bring players in now, not the end of bloody August.

Last edited:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm normally really positive about anything Albion, however yesterday was a great disappointment. I really don't get the fact that we have good wide players asked to play narrow and push the full backs on as wingers.

If we are going to do this we might as well play 3-5-2 or 4-3-3 and just lump the ball into the penalty area to big strikers in a Wimbledon style.

I know it's work in progress but yesterday was painfully on the eye with little to no composure on the pitch.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We should all be excited about a new season under a new manager but it seems like there's a lot of despondency at the moment, hopefully a good win against Cheltenham on Tuesday night will cheer us all up.

Art Morte

Aug 9, 2014
Sami is no doubt realising this himself. I think he has been sold something of a hospital pass taking up the job in the current circumstances. I remember in one of his early interviews he spoke about wanting to have an experienced number 2 to work alongside and learn from. So far this has not materialised. I have no problem with Nathan Jones but his managerial experience is similar to Sam's - more out of the coaching qualification manual than experience in the job. I hope that Sami's wish is not ignored or becomes another victim of compromise as it might be the difference between his success or failure at the club. I thought it was a particularly honest thing for him to say and quite telling.

I thought you appointed Sammy Lee, the long-time Liverpool assistant manager who was there when Sami was still playing for Pool, as assistant manager?

But Sami must be hoping he has some funds to spend in the market still, given the departures and what fees & wage savings they've brought in. I know I'm hoping.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I thought you appointed Sammy Lee, the long-time Liverpool assistant manager who was there when Sami was still playing for Pool, as assistant manager?

But Sami must be hoping he has some funds to spend in the market still, given the departures and what fees & wage savings they've brought in. I know I'm hoping.

Sammy Lee changed his mind and joined Southampton.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
So Sami is faced with the current challenges, depleted squad, limitations on transfers due to FFP, Championship football rather than top tier plus all the usual challenges any new manager would experience of dealing with people, their expectations and limitations which would be a fair old challenge for an old pro. However he is dealing with this without the experienced partner he said he wanted. I am Sure Sami can be an effective manager for us and achieve what we all want. Bringing in more players will help but without the management structure and dynamic he obviously wants in order to make things work the task might be beyond him as a relatively inexperienced manager.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It's SO worrying having SO many issues still SO far in to the season. Remind me, how many games have we played.

I would understand it if the transfer window had already closed without us doing significant business and we were still not performing.

It's just one game. Calm down, Dear(s).

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
So Sami is faced with the current challenges, depleted squad, limitations on transfers due to FFP, Championship football rather than top tier plus all the usual challenges any new manager would experience of dealing with people, their expectations and limitations which would be a fair old challenge for an old pro. However he is dealing with this without the experienced partner he said he wanted. I am Sure Sami can be an effective manager for us and achieve what we all want. Bringing in more players will help but without the management structure and dynamic he obviously wants in order to make things work the task might be beyond him as a relatively inexperienced manager.

Sami needs a win and some goals, neither look likely at the moment, I genuinely fear for his future here, yesterdays selection, tactics and delivery were very poor at best and niaive at worst, the selection demonstrated that he did not yet know his players, I feel his honeymoon period is already over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here