Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Global Warming not eroding ice shocker

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Yes; you posed a question at the end of your post. The fact that it was a question was confirmed by your use of a question mark at the end of the sentence. Whether it was rhetorical or not is immaterial.

I responded with a statement which also provided my answer to your question. (I actually helped you a little to understand I was answering your question by boldening the type. Go on, have another look).

I hope that's cleared up your confusion for you.

Sir? The class wants to know how you can trust a question?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I really wish people who haven't studied environmental science at post-grad level would keep their ill-informed noses out of it... and this is another thread desperately in need of thumbs down buttons [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Well that's the issue isn't it. There's no debate allowed to be had.

All there is the agressive Greens type mentality that dictates to the rest that there is only one view point to be had and anyone who doesn't agree with them is a redneck, a capitalist or any other group of people they don't like.

Spot on!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
I really wish people who haven't studied environmental science at post-grad level would keep their ill-informed noses out of it... and this is another thread desperately in need of thumbs down buttons [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION].

and here we have it. Go to university or have no voice. Tut tut

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Sir? The class wants to know how you can trust a question?

:thumbsup: Good man.

FWIW, I think it's rarely the question but often the answer that need to be treated with more than a modicum of circumspection.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Did I say that? I suppose you like going to operating theatres and say "oh, you don't want to do it like that" to brain surgeons too?
I read it that way yes.
And I will also say your quite argumentative too. I say that because your posts read that way. Chill out and don't be so combative or presumptuous.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The planet has been warming up and cooling down for millions of years it's only now that we're recording such events that everyone is getting there knickers in a twist.

Quite right too!

And how many of those significant warmings up and cooling downs have triggered mass extinction events?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

By thst logic we may as well close this board down to anyone who hasn't played at, managed or run a Championship club at executive level.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Quite right too!

And how many of those significant warmings up and cooling downs have triggered mass extinction events?
I'm intrigued Napier. Like you I'd like to see us be able to control nature (perhaps we already have with carbon emissions in the negative) but I ask you how do we successfully do it? I admit I don't know how the whole world will ever get into sync to achieve it or even come up with the technology to succeed. Do you have any ideas that don't involve the residents in the UK paying excessive green taxes when others across the world don't? Genuine question. Yes, a question.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Quite right too!

But they had nothing to do with humans. It will happen again, and humans will not be able to do anything about it.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Regardless of whether global warming exists or not, new, cleaner methods of power and energy should be embraced.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Agreed but not at exorbitant cost to the UK taxpayer.

A significant input of funds now to get us ahead of the technology curve could be extremely valuable in years to come when people look to UK companies to produce green-energy components and research.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here