Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

fairy cakes

Jun 23, 2008
Never saw what happened at the end of the game so can’t comment on that but during the game large sections of fans were singing, "dump the slag".
Shame he was injured so much of last season, really felt he could have done well. Also the lack of interest shown in him by other clubs could be due to his lengthy injury last season.
If he does go let's hope we recoup as much money as possible.

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
There was a good reaction when he came on. I was also to the left of the goal on the lower tier and heard no booing. Ultimately, the guy has no interest in the club that paid a lot of money for him. What makes it more frustrating is that I've seen him play a lot and he's not actually that good.

A load of people talk about the fact that he scored 12 goals last year before January or whatever. But we won only 5 league games in that period and were in the sh*t pretty early on. The guy scores the odd goal. But he wins virtually nothing in the air, has no pace and very rarely creates anything on his own and gets caught offside so much that it puts us under pressure all over the place. He's not very good. Anyone who says he is, is blinded by the odd goal or hasn't seen him play, or knows nothing about the game.

Get him OUT. He's not worth the attention or agro that he got today.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Probably because a load of wankers in the lower tier bood him when he came on!

I'm sorry just because you forked out a few quid to watch a totally shit game, doesn't entitle you to applause from the players. Just who the f*** do you think you are, some little tosser who knows nothing about anything, complaining because you spent £20 to watch a football match. Who f***ing cares how much you spent on your day out, no one made you spend your money, it was your choice. If you don't like it, don't f***ing go! Grow up!

Si, I think you've missed the point. Whether you paid £2 or £200 to get in today its irrelevant. Albion fans weren't pissed off with Murray because they had paid for a ticket, they were pissed off with him because he showed a total lack of respect for the club. I don't expect you to understand because you're a blatant part time supporter.

Goodfella

North Stand Boy X320
Feb 9, 2004
Brighton
Wrong, there was a lot of booing and also several chants about him getting rid of his wife.

RIGHT!! i was standing right behind the goal, and as someone else mentioned there was was one slight chant about his wife that didnt materialise into much.
the guy is an absolute joke and dont deserve to wear the Brighton shirt. end of.

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
Si, I think you've missed the point. Whether you paid £2 or £200 to get in today its irrelevant. Albion fans weren't pissed off with Murray because they had paid for a ticket, they were pissed off with him because he showed a total lack of respect for the club. I don't expect you to understand because you're a blatant part time supporter.

Totally agree... There were a lot of people suggesting that the booing after the game was out of order. And they are basically wrong.

If we take the money aspect... take away the season ticket holders and the other fans and the club doesn't exist. The fans allow him to do what he does. So take the fans away and his contract doesn't exist. And that is the case whatever club he ends up at. The guy owes the fans some kind of respect when they get behind him. And we absolutely did at Brentford, but he just blanked us.

Get him out, on loan, to another club, whatever, just GET HIM OUT.

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
'knob' is right, too.

Am I the only one who thinks more is being made of this than necessary? I was never Murray's biggest supporter, but I completely understand why he wants away.

So he didn't come over and applaud the fans, is it really that big a deal? Are you all so delicate that you need that acknowledgement from every player even if they don't genuinely mean it? The whole idea of players applauding theirs fans is overblown. It's an empty gesture made out of habit.

It's nice if they come over, but really, if they don't is this vitriol justified?

You pay his wages? And in return you get access to the ground and get to watch the game. You pay the check out girl's wages too, do you hurl abuse when she doesn't applaud you for coming into her store?

Don't cheer him, next time. Then when he doesn't applaud your support, you won't mind because you never gave him any.

All he has to do is play the game and show some respect. Yes, our money goes towards his pocket, but at the end of the day, you take away the fans and the club doesn't exist. It is SO EASY to clap the fans and he knows that. He didn't do it, and that says a lot more than the people that clap the fans and don't mean it. At least they try. He didn't.

He isn't worth 300k. Out on loan. Out anywhere. Just out.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Dunno if this is the "official" Murray thread, but can't be arsed to check the others.

1. He made a deliberate walk towards the away end ignoring the rest of the team. Whether or not the huddle had technically formed by this point was irrelevent, he had chosen to distance himself from his teammates.

2. He deliberately walked towards the fans, who applauded him as he did so, before at the last minute turning away. It was clearly a calculated move to wind up the fans, and I wonder how many minutes on the pitch he had wasted thinking it up.

3. There was a TINY amount of chanting by fans to do with his Mrs. Whilst I don't agree with it, it was such a f***ing minority I doubt he even heard it to be honest, I barely did. And I refuse to believe that his reaction was a spur-of-the-moment one to it, it seemed so planned out.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It seems that Murray having looked like he was going to be stuck here until at least January, has quite cleverly engineered a quick exit from this club by, what would seem to be, his pre-meditated actions yesterday.

I cannot see him featuring in the 1st team squad again, unless Slade wants to become the subject of abuse as well, and the club will probably agree to loan him out to any Northern club that wants him. I would imagine Murray would even agree to a drop in division to get away.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Dunno if this is the "official" Murray thread, but can't be arsed to check the others.

1. He made a deliberate walk towards the away end ignoring the rest of the team. Whether or not the huddle had technically formed by this point was irrelevent, he had chosen to distance himself from his teammates.

2. He deliberately walked towards the fans, who applauded him as he did so, before at the last minute turning away. It was clearly a calculated move to wind up the fans, and I wonder how many minutes on the pitch he had wasted thinking it up.

3. There was a TINY amount of chanting by fans to do with his Mrs. Whilst I don't agree with it, it was such a f***ing minority I doubt he even heard it to be honest, I barely did. And I refuse to believe that his reaction was a spur-of-the-moment one to it, it seemed so planned out.

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

He won't be playing again, and I expect he'll be gone by month's end, so his ploy will have worked, as Murray probably thought that Slade was not trying hard enough to move him on, so took the matter into his own hands. Quite clever really, if totally disrespectful of the club, other players and fans.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Icy Gull has nailed it. "Want away" players can make their position at a club untenable in all sorts of ways. Do nothing wrong as such but do the minimum on the pitch, don't be a team man, then rub the fans up the wrong way a little and get them demanding you leave (as opposed to them demanding you stay and earn your wages) and job done - the club will want to unload you and you'll have manufactured the exit you wanted.

Seems pretty clear to me. We should in fact be insisting he stays and beat this northern simpleton (and his wife, and agent) at his own game. Good player, stinking manipulation. Should not be tolerated.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
I know there is already shitloads of threads about this, but with all due respect to those starting them, not one of them seems to have actually explained what happened for the benefit of those who were not there, giving scope for those not there to offer ill-informed views such as "what, well do you expect if you boo him?"

Firstly, I would like to say I have been a huge Murray fan since he joined and have defended him on here numerous times against those slagging him off. However, what he did today was an absolute f***ing DISGRACE and he should go now.

Right:

He came on in the 2nd half and got a BRILLIANT reception from the fans who loudly cheered him on to the pitch. There were then several new chants about Murray (all positive) which were heard numerous times whenever he did anything even vaguely good (one for example, to the tune of the old "Charlie Oatway" chant).

Not once did I hear anything derogatory about him. He put himself about well and looked in good nick, even getting booked.

Then at the end of the game, he decided to shun the players post-match huddle. Stunning arrogance. After ignoring his team-mates, he ran over to the opposition goalie in front of the away fans and then immediately ran off down the tunnel (the players had not even finished their huddle at this stage) on his own without acknowledging the fans in any way. The fact that he did this seperately from all the players to make a point makes it even worse.

The abuse he got after that was very sad, but entirely warranted.

Excellent post. One point not covered however, was that before the game - when the players strolled onto the field from the dressing room for the 'pitch inspection' - every single player turned to acknowledge the travelling support, except one. Murray walked from the tunnel to the centre circle with his nose buried in the matchday programme. Not once did he look at the fans who were applauding him. All very calculated.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Excellent post. One point not covered however, was that before the game - when the players strolled onto the field from the dressing room for the 'pitch inspection' - every single player turned to acknowledge the travelling support, except one. Murray walked from the tunnel to the centre circle with his nose buried in the matchday programme. Not once did he look at the fans who were applauding him. All very calculated.

Should the club choose there is a way to put an end to these games Murray seems to be playing....just drop him from the squad. He'll be f***ed, we'll be f***ed and let's see who blinks 1st. I think they'll take the soft option and send him out on loan now.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Didn't hear any booing when he came on and only only heard a pocket of fans singing jokingly "Sack the wife" (I think). If it was Leon Knight who had done this yesterday then this board would be in meltdown today. What Murray did yesterday was indefensible – and marred what was a pretty decent team performance from players and fans alike – and as far as I'm concerned he can f*** the f*** the off.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Should the club choose there is a way to put an end to these games Murray seems to be playing....just drop him from the squad. He'll be f***ed, we'll be f***ed and let's see who blinks 1st. I think they'll take the soft option and send him out on loan now.

I agree. At least if he's out on loan he can put himself in the shop window.
They say the weather in Torquay is quite favourable for a northern lad.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Slade made a very pointed comment about making sure the players don't take the fans for granted. Sooner we can get him out the better. This situation and his attitude can't help the squad harmony?

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
some of you are f***ing idiots. Tale Lescott. He has asked for a transfer. the Everton fans let him know they love him. He'll stay. Why would Glen stay when some of you pricks boo him? Such a good player and you lot are so keen to lose him. Well done. Knob jockeys.

Having spent a lot of time at Goodison over the past few years, it's pretty obvious Everton fans know their football. I think you have your answer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He is a class A wanker with his brains in his boots. Let him rot in the reserves Russell.

Don't let him bring the reserves down to his level.

That's right. I did wonder if Glen Murray thought we were all calling him a wanker, when the goalie was getting abuse.

Now that is not something I had thought of, and if that is the case, he needs to get straight onto the press officer to explain that was the case, then I am sure we'll get off his back. But if not, then f*** him, and their goalie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here