Glenn Murray...wanker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He had a bemused smile, a sly cunning face. I think he's probably been sold and has done this cos he is stubborn and heard someone shout something about his wife or something.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It could always be that he was so pissed off at his own performance he was to busy being frustrated to even think about what was going on around him?

but in the half hour he was on he was probably better than the rest of the team, that is the annoying thing

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
don't hate him and hope that he can turn the situation around and get his head sorted but don't look like that is going to happen so we really need to cash in now otherwise it will only get worse.

After, apparently a few people stayed behind and gave him a right load during the warm down, White went over and had a word with them. More on the Argus website + pictures

May 1, 2009
Spot on there. his performance was good, but he was giving no effort towards the fans or the team, and shunning us at the end was awful. I would still like Murray to stay, but its looking more and more unlikely by the minute.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think that was more at that little wanker Price, than Murray.

Agreed, I think that was about the time Price was giving it some to us fans on the terracing.
Murray had an awesome reception when he came on. Played fairly well, looked pretty decent. Next thing I saw was him running down the tunnel to the sounds of hundreds of booing fans. If he wants to f*** off somewhere else then that's fine, only for the right money though.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
there was a fair amount of booing, when he came on it was drowned out by the majority clapping him on, signing his name etc. But there was always a little pocket of the crowd who were shouting/abusing him.

Not true. As mentioned elsewhere on here, Price was getting a bit of abuse but Murray got a brilliant reception.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wrong, there was not 'a lot' of booing and several chants about his wife. Where were you standing!?

To the left of the goal looking towards it and there was

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You're the "knob" (by the way it's "nob")

'knob' is right, too.

Am I the only one who thinks more is being made of this than necessary? I was never Murray's biggest supporter, but I completely understand why he wants away.

So he didn't come over and applaud the fans, is it really that big a deal? Are you all so delicate that you need that acknowledgement from every player even if they don't genuinely mean it? The whole idea of players applauding theirs fans is overblown. It's an empty gesture made out of habit.

It's nice if they come over, but really, if they don't is this vitriol justified?

You pay his wages? And in return you get access to the ground and get to watch the game. You pay the check out girl's wages too, do you hurl abuse when she doesn't applaud you for coming into her store?

Don't cheer him, next time. Then when he doesn't applaud your support, you won't mind because you never gave him any.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
'knob' is right, too.

Am I the only one who thinks more is being made of this than necessary? I was never Murray's biggest supporter, but I completely understand why he wants away.

So he didn't come over and applaud the fans, is it really that big a deal? Are you all so delicate that you need that acknowledgement from every player even if they don't genuinely mean it? The whole idea of players applauding theirs fans is overblown. It's an empty gesture made out of habit.

It's nice if they come over, but really, if they don't is this vitriol justified?

You pay his wages? And in return you get access to the ground and get to watch the game. You pay the check out girl's wages too, do you hurl abuse when she doesn't applaud you for coming into her store?

Don't cheer him, next time. Then when he doesn't applaud your support, you won't mind because you never gave him any.

Good analogy :nono:

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Absolutely livid with Murray this afternoon. Best part of 2000 fans made the trip today and the support was top draw. why he felt it acceptable to not applaud the fans in his exit discusted me especially given the reception he got when he came on. Ten other players felt it was right to give the fans a clap so why not that arrogant prick. Hopefully slade has given him a bollocking. Get him out. People spend good money and don't deserve that. I for one spent a fortune today and it does make me angry when someone behaves like that

Probably because a load of wankers in the lower tier bood him when he came on!

I'm sorry just because you forked out a few quid to watch a totally shit game, doesn't entitle you to applause from the players. Just who the f*** do you think you are, some little tosser who knows nothing about anything, complaining because you spent £20 to watch a football match. Who f***ing cares how much you spent on your day out, no one made you spend your money, it was your choice. If you don't like it, don't f***ing go! Grow up!

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Murray should never wear an Albion shirt again. Get rid of him, take the loss if necessary, Why the f*** that was lazy bastard was chosen ahead of Forster. Come on Russell sort it out. You know it makes sense.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm sorry just because you forked out a few quid to watch a totally shit game, doesn't entitle you to applause from the players. Just who the f*** do you think you are, some little tosser who knows nothing about anything, complaining because you spent £20 to watch a football match. Who f***ing cares how much you spent on your day out, no one made you spend your money, it was your choice. If you don't like it, don't f***ing go! Grow up!

So I'm not the only one who thinks it's childish to get upset with someone for not going through the motions of applauding the fans? Thank god for that. I was starting to feel like a freak.

No More Geese

Feb 22, 2009
London
All he had to do was play the game. He made a point of shaking hands with their keeper who was stood about 3 feet in front of the away stand. If he was ok to shake hands with an opposition player, why was it such a chore to say thanks to the 1500+ fans that made the trip. I saw a lot of fans lay in to Dickinson today, and that guy tried harder and fought for our club and had the respect to stay out there for a team meeting and give the fans a clap before going off.

What makes Murray bigger than everyone else on our team today???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports