Glenn Murray to sign today...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Disappointed, but there seems to be little alternative with the money we have available to buy a striker.
I was a big fan of Murray first time around.
Not now.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Disappointed, but there seems to be little alternative with the money we have available to buy a striker.
I was a big fan of Murray first time around.
Not now.

Disappointed why ? Highly unlikely he will be our main striker signing . As a replacement for Zamora it's great business

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Fantastic news that Muzza is back - was gutted he left in the first place. But even more so I think this has been a very shrewd bit of business getting him in on a season long loan. We have avoided the outlay of a seven figure transfer fee and let's be honest, if he does the business for us this season then going into next season he'll be 33, we'll want to keep him and I would imagine that Bournemouth will have to accept that they will no longer get that sort of money for a 33 year old and would have to accept offloading him to us for only a nominal fee, if not on a freebie (especially if they stay up again) ! In the meantime we still have the funds in the transfer kitty to get another striker and centre back ! Can't wait for the season to start ! UTA

Shrewd business - nothing more or less. Uninspiring...........

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
Disappointed why ? Highly unlikely he will be our main striker signing . As a replacement for Zamora it's great business

....because this is 'practical' not inspiring, 'business' not an emotional buzz. I am okay with it as long as he scores but if he kisses the badge in celebration I will probably want to vomit.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
i think this is a good replacement for Bobby. I am hoping the Baldock/Wilson upgrade will be the marquee record fee signing. we won't really be able to judge how shrewd the Murray signing is until we know who else we sign.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a Zamora replacement (slightly older head, mostly back up but with an eye for goal and real presence) I genuinely can't think of a better realistic option.

Skalak cross, Murray header, it just sounds right, no?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
....because this is 'practical' not inspiring, 'business' not an emotional buzz. I am okay with it as long as he scores but if he kisses the badge in celebration I will probably want to vomit.
If he plays for us like he did that season for palace he can kiss what he likes.

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Seems like Murray will be the replacement for Bobby, decent signing as its on loan. Would of been a bit annoyed if we had paid for him.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports