Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray to sign today...

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Murray is the hold up player we've been missing. He will get the best out of the others

He never struck me as getting the best at others. Selfish goal scorer but that is not a bad thing. With the short loan market ceased for next season, it seems like necessary cover with a chance of being effective as Bobby Zamora who won us about 9 extra points last season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dougle & his palace trolls are flooding the thread that has nothing to do with them because they're absolutely gutted that Murray has done to them what he did to us. For that reason alone, I'm delighted with the signing :clap2:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Dougle & his palace trolls are flooding the thread that has nothing to do with them because they're absolutely gutted that Murray has done to them what he did to us. For that reason alone, I'm delighted with the signing :clap2:
"Burn Them All"

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
we have an excellent team spirit at the moment and are now introducing a 'Big Name, billy big bollocks' who I don't know for sure but I imagine is going to earn a hefty wage, and who will be able to recount the tale of how he was our top striker then buggered off to our biggest rivals so he could get more money and then helped promote them to the premier league. I bet the comraderie will just hit levels unheard of.
And he is past it, yes he 'knew' how to score goals at this level but he hasn't been at this level for 2 seasons. Didn't do it in the Prem and hasn't been the same since his injury.

I'll say hello in the street but he can **** off when it comes to my club.

What a load of old PONCE. Do you honestly think there is one player in the current dressing room who will give a monkeys toss that he went off and played for Palace ? Seriously ? They're all professional footballers, not saddo tosspot fans seeking out grudges over inter-club rivalries. I doubt the likes of Hemed and Kayal have even HEARD of Crystal Palace, let alone give a flying frig about Murray playing for them once.

And yes, in your words he certainly "knew" how to score goals at this level, like thats a bad thing. The fact he's been in the PL is neither here nor there, that will not have diminished his ability. You're probably hoping he'll be shit now, just so you can come back and crow on here. Good luck with that. But personally I'm happy to see him back, because if he stays fit, he has DEFINITELY got something to offer this team. And thats all that matters as far as I'm concerned.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
we have an excellent team spirit at the moment and are now introducing a 'Big Name, billy big bollocks' who I don't know for sure but I imagine is going to earn a hefty wage, and who will be able to recount the tale of how he was our top striker then buggered off to our biggest rivals so he could get more money and then helped promote them to the premier league. I bet the comraderie will just hit levels unheard of.
And he is past it, yes he 'knew' how to score goals at this level but he hasn't been at this level for 2 seasons. Didn't do it in the Prem and hasn't been the same since his injury.

We really do have some proper dribbling head case fans don't we?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
If he smacks it in the old onion bag I couldn't give a unicorns clunge if he's moody, miserable, doesn't wave, clap or kiss the badge all I care about is whether he improves our team or not. Right now I'm of the opinion that he does so can't wait to see Muzza back in the stripes.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013

LOL - you must be desperate if actually think that.

Glenn didn't snub Palace to go to our rivals (for free!) and then score the goals to get them to the Prem. Along the way rubbing salt intoi the wound by scoring against us (FFS Murray!)

Apart from that and the fee we got for him - yeah identical situation.

XSE25

Dec 29, 2013
Not the Glenn Murray of 5 season ago - but still a good acquisition for any Championship club.

Good luck Glenn - even for Brighton.

Palace Legend - wish him well wherever he is at.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

That's odd; I could have sworn I saw him score two goals at Championship level on Boxing Day 2014.

What is even odder is that the record books seem to suggest that he scored 15 league goals in 35 appearances that season (split almost equally between the Championship and Premier League).

But I'm sure facts and figures are no match for uninformed, vitriolic, hate-filled bile, so I'll leave it there.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
We really do have some proper dribbling head case fans don't we?

This. I'm only dribbling at the thought of how many times he might get on the end of a Skalak delivery into the box. He'll be an upgrade on what we got out of BZ last season (due to the latter's injury issues)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
LOL - you must be desperate if actually think that.

Glenn didn't snub Palace to go to our rivals (for free!) and then score the goals to get them to the Prem. Along the way rubbing salt intoi the wound by scoring against us (FFS Murray!)

Apart from that and the fee we got for him - yeah identical situation.

You're upset, we all understand. Don't worry.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well at least I have a 'get out of jail free card' when Murray scores the opening day winner.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Not bothered about Murray.

However, he now plays for the team I support, so of course will back him.

Good defensively, hold up play good, bit of a poacher, something we were lacking, so potentially a great signing.

I think a 12 month loan is sensible as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Absolute nonsense. With our wingers he'll be piling on the goals. And there is no way on earth that Hughton would take him if he wasn't convinced he'd add to the team spirit. He's our ex-player on loan from a Prem club, no different to Sidwell last season and that worked out ok.

He's a humble guy. He lives in Brighton, wants first team football. He never asked to leave, Poyet got rid of him and he went to Palace to afford minimal disruption to his new family. No different to me getting a job in East Croydon (which I've done).

If you really don't want him then stay in your seat when he scores his first goal. You'll look like a dick.

Aveacarlin'

Jul 5, 2011
If he smacks it in the old onion bag I couldn't give a unicorns clunge if he's moody, miserable, doesn't wave, clap or kiss the badge all I care about is whether he improves our team or not. Right now I'm of the opinion that he does so can't wait to see Muzza back in the stripes.
Yep me too. So many miserable sods on here. Some give the impression that they want Murray to fail just to say 'we told you so'. Bellends.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
"Footballer continuing to do what's best for himself and his family shocker".

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Absolute nonsense. With our wingers he'll be piling on the goals. And there is no way on earth that Hughton would take him if he wasn't convinced he'd add to the team spirit. He's our ex-player on loan from a Prem club, no different to Sidwell last season and that worked out ok.

He's a humble guy. He lives in Brighton, wants first team football. He never asked to leave, Poyet got rid of him and he went to Palace to afford minimal disruption to his new family. No different to me getting a job in East Croydon (which I've done).

If you really don't want him then stay in your seat when he scores his first goal. You'll look like a dick.

Well said that man. These anti-Murray idiots make me sick. Who cares who he played for? What difference does it make? He's a Brighton player for the upcoming season and any true Albion fan will support him in the same way as they do the rest of the players.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well said that man. These anti-Murray idiots make me sick. Who cares who he played for? What difference does it make? He's a Brighton player for the upcoming season and any true Albion fan will support him in the same way as they do the rest of the players.

I'm getting a Glenn Murray TATTOO if he scores 20+ goals and we get promoted. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here