Glen Murray - Building Bridges

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eagles #1

May 7, 2004
London
Its a fair point.

However Glenn was/is an unknown quantity in the Champ whereas CMS has played here before with Peterboro and of course Vicentes pedigree speaks for itself.
CMS' last stint in this league didn't go so well, and Vicente has never played in this league (or country) not to mention his recent injury record..

Anyway, it's early days.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
CMS' last stint in this league didn't go so well, and Vicente has never played in this league (or country) not to mention his recent injury record..

Anyway, it's early days.

No it didnt re CMS but he HAS played a full season there.

Real, real quality like Vicente will always shine thru no matter what league/country you play in.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Anyway, it's early days.

Last season CMS scored more that GM playing for an inferior team.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Glenn even. Would still like to hear his version, or at least the full and truthful version, of why he left.
Because Palace offered him an extra two grand a week. I think, although I'm not usre on this part, they offered him 3 years insteade of 2, but I may be wrong on that last part

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gus DROPPED a CLANGER by not keeping him. How many times in recent games have we hoofed it only for it to come straight back.

And before anyone has a pop Lord Gus does make mistakes occasionally, Baz, Batti and Holroyd for example.
Completely agree. Whilst Lord Poyet is a genius and god to us mere mortals, he did f*** up big time over the way he handled Murray.

Appartently the budget was set with CMS joining in mind, and Murray was offered a take it or leave it deal. For the sake of 2 grand a week, still can't beleive something wasn't sorted out for him to stay.

Think of what Murray did with Wood/Barnes feeding of him last year, and think of what the damage Murray with CMS feeding off him would have done this year. It would have been incredible.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I don't see how a charitable donation absolves him for the most heinous crime in football, joining an arch rival.

exactly, " ooooooo he must be a good bloke he donated to REMF" , No he's not, he's still a filthy palace cvnt. the donations & lack of goal celebrations are just another form of arse kissing. I would much rather judas to give it the large one when he scored......at least it would have been the honest thing to do. Maybe even a quick "f*** you, you wankers" aswell, just for good measure!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
exactly, " ooooooo he must be a good bloke he donated to REMF" , No he's not, he's still a filthy palace cvnt. the donations & lack of goal celebrations are just another form of arse kissing. I would much rather judas to give it the large one when he scored......at least it would have been the honest thing to do. Maybe even a quick "f*** you, you wankers" aswell, just for good measure!!

If you read the original post , it not only the donations to the REMF, it is for a number of reasons and I can't be arsed to hate him just because he joined another football team when we did not meet his requests. In this day and age he needed to look after himself and his family. He is a pro footballer and loves the club, he plays for, whoever that is. If you honestly think any pro, including all our present players give a toss about BHAFC other than they pay their wages you are sadly mistaken. All this badge kissing is a load of toss.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
People saying Poyet dropped a clanger by not keeping Murray are possibly right, however we don't know what goes on at training and some of the Brighton players comments about his attitude around the club not being very good may have been the deciding factor. Maybe him and Poyet just didn't get on and it was best for harmony at the club if Murray moved on. I know sure as hell who I would have chosen to stay if I had a choice between Murray and Poyet. But all this is guesswork.

Saying all that, Murray did earn a lot of respect for the way he conducted himself at the Amex and while the booing was inevitable and pantomine at times, he rose above it and showed some class. Would say I wish him well and everything but I can't say that while he's at Palace, so fingers crossed he gets a move to a decent club and then I can enjoy seeing him banging the goals in again.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought maybe, in the style of Alan Partridge's 'Bouncing Back', this was the title of Glenn's autobiography.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
There is a new "real" AP biography out now. "I, Partridge. We need to talk about Alan":

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/-/100/157/-/20377362/I-Partridge-We-Need-to-Talk-About-Alan-With-Play-Exclusive-Alan-Partridge-Driving-Licence/Product.html

Seems a bit of a cash cow to me.

'Building Bridges' could almost be one of Partridge's programme ideas.

'Idea for Tony Hares - former Brighton striker going round the country talking about his fascination for the works of Isambard Kingdom Brunel'.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
I have posted some less than complimentary things about Murray in recent times.

I would like to say my opinion of Glen has gone up considerably in recent weeks.

The way he handled himself at the Amex Stadium was impeccable. Not only, in not reacting to the abuse, not celebrating the goal and having a great game with an excellent goal. He showed hmself to be a model pro.

Now on top of this he has donated £ 50 to the REMF for the 10th anniversary and also donated £ 50 this week to the REMF via Richie Morris's just giving page for the Brighton 2012 Marathon.

All in all I just about forgive you Glen for joining Palace. Just keep a lid on the scoring on 31/1/12.

Agree 100%

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Not a problem, we always like to help those less fortunate than ourselves.

:facepalm: Are you sure? :D

(Clue - 1-3)

Yes - we are sure

CrystalPalace-db10518.jpg
main-image.jpg

lfghd.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports