Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Giving the development squad players a chance...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The problem with Alzate is that he is not yet good enough to be first choice ahead of Stephens, Propper Mooy or Gross although good enough to replace any of them late on in the game but now Mac allister will be added to the mix

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I dont agree as his decision making, final ball and shooting are all poor, but he will learn with more games for the U23s and possible sub appearances for the first team.

Ridiculous. He's been played all over the pitch and looked highly competent every time. His ability on the ball and calmness under pressure are second to none, two traits that are essential in a Potter side. Goals and assists are yet to come but give him a chance.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ridiculous. He's been played all over the pitch and looked highly competent every time. His ability on the ball and calmness under pressure are second to none, two traits that are essential in a Potter side. Goals and assists are yet to come but give him a chance.

All about opinions the most important of which is GPs.

Bones

Oct 25, 2006
Portslade
The problem with Alzate is that he is not yet good enough to be first choice ahead of Stephens, Propper Mooy or Gross although good enough to replace any of them late on in the game but now Mac allister will be added to the mix
Good enough for Colombia it seems so don't expect to see him in the u23s again

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

He’s better than Stephens, Gross and Mooy already, almost as good as Propper and will go on to be a better player. The boy has been quality, even when he’s been playing not fully fit according to GP.

If you can’t see his class then that says more about you than him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
GP's opinion is clearly that he's good enough for the 1st team.

Don't, we've been here so many times, it's not worth it.

18 months ago BG was laying into Dunk, labeling him not good enough and just another Alfie Mawson.

Despite his protests and my clearly ridiculous jabbing, BG has some form of block that stops him being a 'happy clapper'.

Obviously that's fair enough, but it's just somewhat irksome as the usual target for his tanties is the latest 'new kid on the block'.
For whatever reason BG saves all his best spite for the kids coming through.
They're never good enough.
They don't deserve a chance.
They need to be as far away from the first team as possible.

He'll be back in a minute to deny it - completely ignoring what he just written and how even that undermines itself.
But I guarantee now you've seen it, you'll always notice it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
or Gross.

Plus he has the legs and pace to ‘put in a shift’. We need that.

I think MacAllister is more of a Gross replacement. However, we seem a lesser side without Gross despite his inconsistent form IMO.

It’s a lot like Stephens he’s another that gets appreciated in his absence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
For me, Alzate offers us something different to Gross, Stephens Mooy an Propper. A bit of pace and direct running. Bisouma does the same and I think we look better with one of them in a midfield three.

Mooy/Gross - Propper/Stephens - Alzate/ Bisouma

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think MacAllister is more of a Gross replacement. However, we seem a lesser side without Gross despite his inconsistent form IMO.

It’s a lot like Stephens he’s another that gets appreciated in his absence.

Stephens was also a key part, lauded, in many of our PL performances this season eg Spurs home, Arsenal away, Watford away, West Ham away, Burnley home, Newcastle away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For me, Alzate offers us something different to Gross, Stephens Mooy an Propper. A bit of pace and direct running. Bisouma does the same and I think we look better with one of them in a midfield three.

Mooy/Gross - Propper/Stephens - Alzate/ Bisouma

I’m thinking along the lines of Stephens behind Propper and Alzate in a CM three.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I’m thinking along the lines of Stephens behind Propper and Alzate in a CM three.
That would work too. I'd love to see Propper further forward but GP seems to keep him deep.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stephens giving cover to Dunk & co with his disciplined defence, Propper and Alzate with the creativity.

..... and then we need to find room for Mooy, and soon Mac Allister, not to mention Trossard and Gros - all fitting in behind whichever striker(s) we're going to play.

Kinda crowded, isn't it?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
..... and then we need to find room for Mooy, and soon Mac Allister, not to mention Trossard and Gros - all fitting in behind whichever striker(s) we're going to play.

Kinda crowded, isn't it?

It is and very little natural width.

Molumby must also be in the mix next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must be missing something here.

Argie McJocko saying he's a nos 10.
NSC is saying X, Y & Z will.need to be dropped to accommodate him.

Yet none of Groß, Mooy or Trossard play as a number 10.

The nearest we've had to a 'dropping off the striker' player, all season has been Maupay dropping back from himself.

Shirley to get Macca into the team all that has to happen is one of the 'not wingers' loses their place in favour of a slightly more rigid front 3 supported through the middle by the Scotch fella.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here