Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham v Albion friendly

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Hemed - Untried untested.
Baldock - Yet to show any kind of talent.
KLL - a 20 minute 1 trick show pony.
Dunk - May not even be at the club, this time next week
Bruno - Inconsistent.
Kayal - Pointless playing with 10 mugs
Stockdale - We can't expect him to keep every scoreline 0-0
Bong - Failed at a team worse than us last season.

Oh yeah we're world beaters.
Hemed - Scoring goals in La Liga
Baldock - Yeah I guess you could of scored that sweet chip over Szczeny no problem.
KLL - Is like any winger inconsistent but great on his day, just needs to do it more often last season against Derby for example.
Dunk - Not going anywhere this season.
Bruno - Great passer of the ball when on his game.
Bong - Was he mean't to keep Wigan up by himself?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Does Monakana look good enough to be on the bench against Forest?

I would have said Ward would've had a better shot but as he was taken off injured it looks unlikely. Monakana hasn't really done all that much to warrant a place in the matchday squad IMO. Even if March is sidelined for Forrest I can see us probably starting with KLL and Calde out wide.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Our no 20 looked very athletic and had a bit if fire about him - one to watch if i knew who he was :)

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I would have said Ward would've had a better shot but as he was taken off injured it looks unlikely. Monakana hasn't really done all that much to warrant a place in the matchday squad IMO. Even if March is sidelined for Forrest I can see us probably starting with KLL and Calde out wide.

I think CH might surprise people and play Lua Lua and Tilley as wingers on Sunday. Tilley not included tonight so must be in his plans unless injured. MAYBE we will have signed a winger by then. Who knows? Nobody on here that's for sure.

Stumpy Tim

I think CH might surprise people and play Lua Lua and Tilley as wingers on Sunday. Tilley not included tonight so must be in his plans unless injured. MAYBE we will have signed a winger by then. Who knows? Nobody on here that's for sure.
There's a game tomorrow night too remember. Tilley will likely be playing in that.

If Hughton ever picks a 4-4-2 with JFC and Rosenior on the wings in a real match he should be sacked on the spot. Woeful selection tonight

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Perhaps. I would certainly rather see Tilley on the wing over Calde if March was declared unfit (for Sunday and against Forrest). Having said that I expected either Tilley or Monakana to replace March when he went off in the Crawley game but instead CH bought Calde on. :shrug:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
There's a game tomorrow night too remember. Tilley will likely be playing in that.

The game against the Nike Academy is at 1pm.

And, although I don't speak teenage footballer, this might suggest Tilley has tonsillitis:-

[TWEET]626318445173469184[/TWEET]

Red Marauder

Feb 15, 2012
It seems to me CH is picking his team to send a message about recruitment. He could have pick better suited players for some positions. It's good to try things, but even the most optimistic amongst know how some of those experiments will turn out.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008

If Hughton ever picks a 4-4-2 with JFC and Rosenior on the wings in a real match he should be sacked on the spot. Woeful selection tonight

What game is on tomorrow. Not shown on Fixtures on Seagulls website.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Positives: Maenpaa, Ward & Kandi for me.

Negatives: COG, Colunga, Chicksen & Ince. What has happened to Ince? He was poor for me today considering his level of 1st XI experience and seems to have gone backwards. If we are playing 4-4-2 then Kayal & Stephens are a fair way ahead of him on this evidence.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Watched it on Seagulls Player and we looked woeful in the first half (apart from Maenpaa who made some good saves)
After the subs were made we looked a bit better - Kandi and Stephens took their goals well.
Looked very much like a typical pre season friendly and a try out for a lot of second stringers - defending was poor for the Gillingham goal.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I'm assuming that given the negative vibes on here I might as well not turn up next season? Don't really want to waste my Saturday's if we are going to be crap.

If you made all your choices in life based on the wisdom of the NSC Brains trust then Universal Studios would've included you in the cast as one of the headline stars and changed the title to "Dumb, dumber and dumbest".

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Positives: Maenpaa, Ward & Kandi for me.

Negatives: COG, Colunga, Chicksen & Ince. What has happened to Ince? He was poor for me today considering his level of 1st XI experience and seems to have gone backwards. If we are playing 4-4-2 then Kayal & Stephens are a fair way ahead of him on this evidence.
Ince was fine against Crawley. So I suggest nothing has happened to him.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hemed - Untried untested.
Baldock - Yet to show any kind of talent.
KLL - a 20 minute 1 trick show pony.
Dunk - May not even be at the club, this time next week
Bruno - Inconsistent.
Kayal - Pointless playing with 10 mugs
Stockdale - We can't expect him to keep every scoreline 0-0
Bong - Failed at a team worse than us last season.

Oh yeah we're world beaters.

I hope you were joking with this SB - I could just about counter argue every point you make... The Bong one especially - he didn't 'fail' they wanted to re sign him!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Amazing. Is Maenpaa okay now then is he. There was a barrage of really sad comments before anyone had even seen him play & moaning that he he was wearing glasses when he signed for us

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here