Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham v Albion friendly

wadhurstseagull

Jul 26, 2003
I'm assuming that given the negative vibes on here I might as well not turn up next season? Don't really want to waste my Saturday's if we are going to be crap.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Do you think all those players will start in our last friendly. Hughton surely must play a team that will be very close to the Forest line up, or what is the point of these friendlies?

i think you know that clubs see friendlies as match fitness...trying different combinations etc....but hey if you want to join in the general negativity ..do carry on.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Hemed - Untried untested.
Baldock - Yet to show any kind of talent.
KLL - a 20 minute 1 trick show pony.
Dunk - May not even be at the club, this time next week
Bruno - Inconsistent.
Kayal - Pointless playing with 10 mugs
Stockdale - We can't expect him to keep every scoreline 0-0
Bong - Failed at a team worse than us last season.

Oh yeah we're world beaters.

:facepalm: I think you need to reconsider whether supporting a football team is for you...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I'm assuming that given the negative vibes on here I might as well not turn up next season? Don't really want to waste my Saturday's if we are going to be crap.

Think I'll join you, apparently there's a good team in Croydon at the moment, I might go and watch them

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Hemed - Untried untested.
Baldock - Yet to show any kind of talent.
KLL - a 20 minute 1 trick show pony.
Dunk - May not even be at the club, this time next week
Bruno - Inconsistent.
Kayal - Pointless playing with 10 mugs
Stockdale - We can't expect him to keep every scoreline 0-0
Bong - Failed at a team worse than us last season.

Oh yeah we're world beaters.

Who said we were world beaters...we all know there are issues to be resolved...god knows its been posted enough over the last 2 months..but thats a nice spin there

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Oh get a grip you negative ****. Why even bother supporting the team if you have such little faith? Might as well invest your time in something more worthwhile. My point is, this is a friendly.. Where we are basically playing our second string team (maybe bar Stevens) so basically everyone is getting their knickers twisted over something utterly pointless.
Why bother playing the match if it is pointless ? The full first team should be playing the last 2 friendlies , so at least they might have a clue what they doing when the season starts

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
i think you know that clubs see friendlies as match fitness...trying different combinations etc....but hey if you want to join in the general negativity ..do carry on.

I just feel rightly or wrongly that your last friendlies should in the main be taking the shape of the team you intend to start with, getting your team formation correct.
But if you feel that view is negative you are entitled to your opinion. Fitness should in the main be obtained at the training ground.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fitness should in the main be obtained at the training ground.
I don't know why, but it just doesn't work like that. Players only get match fitness by playing matches.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Excellent, very composed. Perhaps we have some decent young strikers at the club.
To be fair, I think he'd have been shot if he'd missed, it was on a plate.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here