Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gillingham kicked off their training ground!

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Perhaps they could share ours...

...for a price.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Tue 25th March 1997 - Gillingham say Brighton must pay them £300,000 rent, even if they abandon plans to ground-share at Priestfield Stadium. Gillingham's chairman, Paul Scally, is adamant his club want the money due under signed contracts.

What do you think?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
shock statement from Scally !

"We probably do owe them some money but we haven't had any discussion on a payment method in the last six months."

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
You're right. Clubs were just queing up to let us groundshare with them after we had lost the Goldstone.

Millwall, Pompey and Crawley to name 3 others. When it came out that Crawley council had done the sums and realised it could be a nice little earner for them Scally still came out and insisted we buy our way out of the contract.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Millwall, Pompey and Crawley to name 3 others. When it came out that Crawley council had done the sums and realised it could be a nice little earner for them Scally still came out and insisted we buy our way out of the contract.

All three of those clubs turned us down and also Woking, the police had something to to do with the first two turning us down
I thought that Gillingham were the only club to accept us but I might be wrong.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010

Are you suggesting that we turned down the offers to ground share with these other clubs because Gillingham NEEDED us there? :mad:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Are you suggesting that we turned down the offers to ground share with these other clubs because Gillingham NEEDED us there? :mad:

We had already signed with Gillingham but when other closer offers if help came in, Scally was very uncharitable and insisted full payment if we went elsewhere. Kicked us when we were down. Ido not like Gillingham.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
All three of those clubs turned us down and also Woking, the police had something to to do with the first two turning us down
They were....at a price....funny that Bellotti was Scallys best man at his wedding.....and Gillingham built a new stand out of our payments.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My sister-in-law worked for Crawley council and said although the council were willing to let the ground share go ahead the Police objected due to Crawley only holding just over 4,000 at the time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

But the clubs didn't turn us down, which was my point. From what I recall Crawley were very keen for us to share there but the council pooh poohed until they dusted of their abacus at which point we'd already signed a deal with Scally and his horrible mob.

No not in the slightest, but I'm sure the money we paid them as tenants made a reasonable dent into their ground re-developments.

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
What's that got to do with anything?

I Wasn't talking to you, I was just asking an honesty question.....I thought gillingham helped out in a time of need, but it seems there are many Brighton fans that don't like gillingham, why?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here