Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Ghostbusters 2016

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Some dude on YouTube has recut the trailer to address things like too much plot reveal, unnecessary shot length etc.

I liked the first trailer but have to admit this recut version feels more like what a trailer should be. Not just for Ghostbusters but generally. There does seem to be a trend in modern trailers to give too much away.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

It doesn't hold true for everyone but, if you've been following the development of this film, it's hard to ignore the amount of sexist derision being aimed at it. It is there.

There are, of course, people who have entirely valid non-sexist reasons for their dislike of it but it isn't as black and white as saying "everyone who doesn't want this movie is sexist" so yes, that is definitely lazy journalism.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

There has been a hell of a lot of sexism about it, but I would say some of that has been lazy criticism. Some people pick on the most obvious thing when throwing an insult (shut up you fat plonker etc.) so I think some of it has just been 'these women are ruining it', 'stupid women' etc. When its been some fans frustrations that its not got the same/similar cast as the original

I don't dislike it because they are women, or because I am a ghostbusters fan (which I'm not really) - I just think it looks awful. But then if we all loved it then it would be a pretty boring world wouldn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here