Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Getting Wembley ready….

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sigh.

“Friday, April 14, 2023 – blue/gold – in recognition of the Hastings Law School Alumni Gala scheduled at City Hall”

Knob
This thread is a little micro platform that shows how some folk believe any old shit they read on the internet.

But a silver lining is that some still do their research.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Straight up, he’s a Director at Hilton Union Square, he was hosting one of the graduation functions, saw the light testing and emailed them and asked them to alternate on white, which they did. As much as that sounds implausible, come and find us at Boxpark and ask him yourself!
It sounded implausible when I told folk James Best, the famous actor who plays Roscoe in Dukes of Hazzard, is my cousin.

He is, and unfortunately they had seen his character the show and realised family characteristics made it likely that I was telling the truth.

But I'm not sure you are.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It sounded implausible when I told folk James Best, the famous actor who plays Roscoe in Dukes of Hazzard, is my cousin.

He is, and unfortunately they had seen his character the show and realised family characteristics made it likely that I was telling the truth.

But I'm not sure you are.
If you’re in Boxpark, come and find us, meet him, and you’ll learn it’s 100% true.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
If I told you he briefly dated Belinda Carlisle when she was still with the Go Go’s in California in the early 80s, that would also seem pretty implausible (particularly when you meet the ugly fecker) but it’s absolutely true!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If you’re in Boxpark, come and find us, meet him, and you’ll learn it’s 100% true.
Here's the problem:

Thursday, April 13, 2023 – blue/gold – in recognition of the Warriors “Blue and Gold Day”

Friday, April 14, 2023 – blue/gold – in recognition of the Hastings Law School Alumni Gala scheduled at City Hall

Saturday, April 15, 2023 – blue – in recognition of the 20th anniversary of the International Ocean Film Festival at Fort Mason: April 13-16, 2023

So I'm guessing that the blue and gold in the picture is in keeping with the colours they were planning.

Perhaps your brother did email them, but the colours were already planned. Unless, of course, you can produce the email that says we'll do it for you. Until then, I think you have doubters.

Perhaps a Chelsea fan, should they win today, could put in a claim that tonight's blue is in recognition of a famous victory.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
If I told you he briefly dated Belinda Carlisle when she was still with the Go Go’s in California in the early 80s, that would also seem pretty implausible (particularly when you meet the ugly fecker) but it’s absolutely true!
But who cares and why do you need to come on here bigging up your brother?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
''Carlisle had a two-year relationship with Bill Bateman, drummer for the Blasters, in the early 1980s. She broke up abruptly with Bateman because she had taken up with Mike Marshall of the Los Angeles Dodgers'

She obviously had one or two on the go (go). You were better off out of it.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My Nana once went on a date with Eric Clapton. They met at Alcoholics Anonymous in Woking. I am essentially a member of Cream.
In the White Room ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Screenshot_20230415_134046_Google.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here