Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

getting to The Amex

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just a bit of topic, travelling from Worthing, taking the coach at Worthing station for an extra 10er was a lot more comfortable than the cramped trains to Brighton and Falmer that I used before, well worth paying a bit extra.

10er? As treasurer of Mid Sussex Seagulls, I may have to review our prices. :wink:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I am a poor OAP who has to pay for travel with my ST plus I have a bus pass why would I want to pay to go by coach that I can do by bus free. Getting home is no problem as the walk to Falmer station is downhill.

A poor OAP who can afford several holidays abroad each year ???

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Even though I'm 74, my COPD obviously isn't as bad as yours BG.
18 holes of golf teeing off at 7.30, followed by lunch at the North Star, Durrington, washed down by a couple of pints of Brakspear.
Then Seagulls Travel coach to the Amex (£7 return)
96 steps up to WSU. Pint of Harveys to aid the recovery.
Back home in LA just after 6.
Excellent day, especially this season!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Even though I'm 74, my COPD obviously isn't as bad as yours BG.
18 holes of golf teeing off at 7.30, followed by lunch at the North Star, Durrington, washed down by a couple of pints of Brakspear.
Then Seagulls Travel coach to the Amex (£7 return)
96 steps up to WSU. Pint of Harveys to aid the recovery.
Back home in LA just after 6.
Excellent day, especially this season!
what back in LA are you flying Concorde or one of Branson new planes.!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A poor OAP who can afford several holidays abroad each year ???

If you play on the internet with owners abroad or holiday lettings and easyjet they are very cheap. We met a couple who went to Portugal for a month in late November came home for Christmas and New Year then with their pension for when they were away booked a month in Spain. Came home for few days and did the same for Portugal again then the same for Malta . As a result spent the entire winter away in a hot country no heating and cheaper to live than in the UK. They couldnt afford to eat out more than once a week but said it was very pleasant sat on a balcony in the sun with a bottle or two of wine each day, and cheaper cigs, rather than the cold and wet of England.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If you play on the internet with owners abroad or holiday lettings and easyjet they are very cheap. We met a couple who went to Portugal for a month in late November came home for Christmas and New Year then with their pension for when they were away booked a month in Spain. Came home for few days and did the same for Portugal again then the same for Malta . As a result spent the entire winter away in a hot country no heating and cheaper to live than in the UK. They couldnt afford to eat out more than once a week but said it was very pleasant sat on a balcony in the sun with a bottle or two of wine each day, and cheaper cigs, rather than the cold and wet of England.

Just been on a trip to Portugal for golf. The hotel worked out at about 25 euros a night. Four star place right on the beach with a spa, swimming pool, nice rooms, excellent breakfast etc etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just been on a trip to Portugal for golf. The hotel worked out at about 25 euros a night. Four star place right on the beach with a spa, swimming pool, nice rooms, excellent breakfast etc etc.

More people should look into booking their own holidays especially if you have children rather than use travel agents unless of course you want all inclusive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here