getting to The Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have to walk to 100yds to the bus stop but at least 3/4 mile to The Broadway bars. Getting to Brighton isnt a problem I was asking the best place in Brighton to change buses. Thanks to all that have replied.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am a poor OAP who has to pay for travel with my ST plus I have a bus pass why would I want to pay to go by coach that I can do by bus free. Getting home is no problem as the walk to Falmer station is downhill.

Much how I feel. I'm, not quite a senior citizen yet, but have a disabled bus pass, and why waste good money on travel, when the price of the season ticket is hign enough?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I remember going to the presentation prior to the opening of The Amex the seller said it was less the 2 mins walk from the station to the seat in Lower West. I wouldnt want his clocks even if I was 100% fit.

In fairness, the station IS right on the doorstop of the stadium. I'm sure he didn't literally mean 120 seconds, but I think you'd be hard pushed to find another stadium in the country that has a station as nearby as ours.

Maybe Coventry. But then they don't run a service on matchdays.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
In fairness, the station IS right on the doorstop of the stadium. I'm sure he didn't literally mean 120 seconds, but I think you'd be hard pushed to find another stadium in the country that has a station as nearby as ours.

Manchester_United_Halt1.JPG:moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Walsall's is pretty close to the station.

Birmingham have a station that is ONLY open on match days - it is a bit of a walk, though, from the station to St. Andrews (uphill too).

If you use the 25, on the way to the game, you can get off the bus at the first stop on the Sussex University campus (next to the Sports Centre) and then change to the minibus shuttle service which runs from the adjacent car park direct to the stadium coach park (next to the lift down to the external concourse).

This minimises the amount of walking and cuts out the hill. It also saves a lot of time sitting on the 25, waiting for it to wander across the road to the stadium.

The minibus shuttle is free of charge and all you have to do is just turn up and climb on.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you use the 25, on the way to the game, you can get off the bus at the first stop on the Sussex University campus (next to the Sports Centre) and then change to the minibus shuttle service which runs from the adjacent car park direct to the stadium coach park (next to the lift down to the external concourse).

This minimises the amount of walking and cuts out the hill. It also saves a lot of time sitting on the 25, waiting for it to wander across the road to the stadium.

The minibus shuttle is free of charge and all you have to do is just turn up and climb on.

Do you not have to be a blue badge holder. If I go early enough the ride around the uni wont be a problem time wise.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mid sussex seagulls?

I am a poor OAP who has to pay for travel with my ST plus I have a bus pass why would I want to pay to go by coach that I can do by bus free. Getting home is no problem as the walk to Falmer station is downhill.

Fair enough but we run a non profit supporters coach. Works out at £5 per match. As mentioned, we are full at the moment, but we all know each other now and have a good laugh.

leo.eyles

May 7, 2015
Sorry to hear you are struggling with getting to the ground BG. In my experience, generally you should be OK for a seat on the 25 at Churchill Square at around 1pm. If the first bus was especially busy you would have plenty of time to wait for the next.
Hope it works out for you, UTA!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Just a bit of topic, travelling from Worthing, taking the coach at Worthing station for an extra 10er was a lot more comfortable than the cramped trains to Brighton and Falmer that I used before, well worth paying a bit extra.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have had many offers and suggestions from fellow supporters for which I would thank you all. To catch the bus in HH and then change in Brighton means leaving about 20 mins earlier which is no great problem so once again many thanks for the offers of help and suggestions.

May leave earlier and go for breakfast in London Rd en route.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports