Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George Boyd.

ezmally

Sep 16, 2006
Hastings
I visited relatives in Nottingham over the christmas period and to get my footie fix decided to watch Forest v Peterborough on Boxing Day. Ive just got to say if we can sign George Boyd in January it would be, i think, a briiliant buy for us. After a slow start for Peterbotough Boyd completely ran the show, always looking a threat in attack, great whilst tracking back and a stunning goal to cap a brilliant display. Apparently Forest had him on loan a while back and the fans were bemoaning the fact they don't have a quality player like Boyd in there team. While we're at as well the keeper Joe Lewis could fill a hole too.:clap2:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I would have thought Boyd would cost us at least a couple of milion, really cant see us splashing out anythingnlike that on anyone. Reyes and loan signings would be my bet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should have signed George Boyd in the Summer. Obviously. If there's one class act that knows how to feed a ball through to CMS its George Boyd. Sign him up in January. The single most valuable signing we could make at this level IMHO. If he doesn't currently figure in Poyet's plans, we could always chip in and enrol him in a crash course in Spanish...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
as I've said on another thread, Gus is quoted this morning saying there will be no marquee signing in January so that for sure rules Boyd out even if he could be prised away - shame really as he is just what we could do with - him or a Keith Andrews which is equally unlikely.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
as I've said on another thread, Gus is quoted this morning saying there will be no marquee signing in January so that for sure rules Boyd out even if he could be prised away - shame really as he is just what we could do with - him or a Keith Andrews which is equally unlikely.

But he isnt going to come out and admit there will be marquee signings is he.
I think Tony has given him a few poker lessons, Keep your cards close to your chest, in case you dont get the player you want and so the price dosnt suddenly jump half a million

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would have thought Boyd would cost us at least a couple of milion, really cant see us splashing out anythingnlike that on anyone.

People were saying the exact same thing about CMS on here right up to the day he signed. Signing Boyd would be a statement of intent IMHO. Proven at this level WAY better than any random Spanish-speaking loan player the manager can conjure up.

JJB

Mar 16, 2011
New Forest
I can see him staying at p'boro until his contract is up. The want a massive, massive fee for him as Stevenage have such a ridiculous sell on clause. I think a bit around the £5million mark would be needed for him to leave.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
People were saying the exact same thing about CMS on here right up to the day he signed. Signing Boyd would be a statement of intent IMHO. Proven at this level WAY better than any random Spanish-speaking loan player the manager can conjure up.

Sorry, I wasnt very clear. I meant I cant see us spending that sort of sum in January, although I never thought we'd spend the amount we did in the summer.

Like you say, would be an excellent addition to the squad.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Boyd has always been top of my shopping list since last season,he would fill that massive hole we have every week in the middle,maybe 1.5 million will do:D

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
George Boyd??? We've got more chance of signing William Boyd............
Hopalong Cassidy to the youngsters....who's Hopalong Cassidy?....Well late forties/early 50s there was this screen cowboy....oh sod it...just google it!

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
swap for vicente..will the guy ever play? never quite fit but if it really is 'nearly ready' does it take months to be ready?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here