Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

George best deserved to die

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
For all you tossers that want to have a pop about him then do it on this thread and leave the ohter one to people who actually have the decency to pay respect to the greatest football Icon this country has ever seen.

That way none of the rest of us have to listen to your drivel :salute:

WATFORD O

Banned
Jul 6, 2003
SW6
B.M.F said:
For all you tossers that want to have a pop about him then do it on this thread and leave the ohter one to people who actually have the decency to pay respect to the greatest football Icon this country has ever seen.

That way none of the rest of us have to listen to your drivel :salute:

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think you've missed the point there somewhat.

Hence the rapid edit :lolol:

Last edited:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Re: Re: George best deserved to die

WATFORD O said:
You deserve to die you stupid !!!!. What an ignorant twat you are. I'd like to see you have the BALLS to say that to every member of his family rght now you udgemental tosser.

Er. I think you've missed the point again. Check back and re-read it.

He is saying that this thread is for people who want to glory in Best's death rather than pollute the other threads - he is not saying that he is glad that Best is dead.

Rewind, try again!

Well edited - I think you worked this one out! Good job I quoted you so that people can see what you said!

Last edited:

Personally I ain't that bothered about Best dying.

I lost my Mum this year and that obviously hurts.

So I do I do know what his friends/ family must be thinking.

But false tributes to a man few have ever met, false tears from people who have seen the same video clips as me.

Inches of newspapers columns to make money out of his family suffering.

When will this country stop idolising and building up people into something they are not.

LC

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
i dont idolise him as such, i am too young to remember his football. but i empathise immensely as i lost my father the same way.

Compassion fatigue mixed with a mass psychosis (sp?)

Even the Guardian is at it with its "Gentleman George" tribute.
Eh?
He was a womanising alcoholic, who was accused of sexual assault earlier this year.
Certain papers have changed their tune from only a few months ago.

I've lost family members this year so I do sympathise with his family and friends, but all this morbid coverage DOES MY HEAD IN.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Calling said:

But false tributes to a man few have ever met, false tears from people who have seen the same video clips as me.

When will this country stop idolising and building up people into something they are not.

LC
:clap: :clap: My sentiments exactly. We've seen it all before. Princess Diana anyone?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
London Calling said:

LC

my thoughts entirely

Despite, or perhaps because of, having seen him at his peak for both stretford plc and Stockport I can't bring myself to feel much tbh. Sad he died but that's all.

Sorry.

However I won't be posting shite like that tosser looney did that I promise.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
London Calling said:

What sickens me is how all the papers ran their obituaries today, before the poor sod was even dead, just because they were hoping to get in first before their rivals.

Presumably they were betting on him going in the night, before the newsagents opened.

Now I know why I never buy British newspapers.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
London Calling said:

LC

:clap2:

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
already made my views in a earlier thread:angry:,can we move on.saturday more important:clap:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
DannyBhoy said:
told not to drink and the kidney should have gone to someone who would appricatie it!!!

ungratful bastard

kidney? Your kidding?

TONY

Jul 27, 2004
HANTS
At least 30 people were killed and 27 wounded when a car bomb exploded outside a hospital in a town south of Baghdad, officials say.
The bomb was detonated as two Iraqi police cars drew up near the general hospital in Mahmudiya, about 20km (12 miles) outside Baghdad.

A US military convoy passing by was also hit by the blast.

On Thursday evening a car bomb exploded in a busy market in Hilla, killing at least two people and injuring more.

At least 13 were injured in the blast, which occurred when a parked car exploded at about 1800 (1500 GMT) in the mainly Shia town, police said.

Civilian deaths

Mahmudiya is a mixed Sunni-Shia town in a region where insurgents have launched many attacks on US-led forces.

"At this time it appears that four of our soldiers were wounded but they are not life-threatening injuries," Sergeant David Abrams said of the US troops hurt in the attack.

Several Iraqi policemen were killed in the blast.

Women and children were also among the many civilian casualties, including at least one medic at the hospital's emergency centre.

"I was leaving the hospital with my one-and-a-half-year-old son in my arms when the explosion happened," Huda Ali told the AFP news agency.

"I was knocked down by the force of the blast and when I came to, my son was no longer in my arms. I found him among the dead."

The BBC's correspondent in Baghdad, Jim Muir, says that unlike many of the horrendous bomb attacks over the past week, the attack in Mahmudiya does not seem to have been aimed at the civilian population as such but at the Iraqi police.

Nonetheless, it is the civilians who have paid the bulk of the price, our correspondent says.

'Insurgents' last stand'

Laith Kubba, spokesman for Iraqi Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari, told reporters that insurgent attacks are likely to increase in the run-up to December's parliamentary elections.

He predicted that Muslim extremists and militants loyal to Saddam Hussein would make their last stand.

"Muslim extremists will be surrounded then wiped out," Mr Kubba said, although he conceded that it would not happen quickly.

In other developments, three US soldiers from Task Force Baghdad were killed in two separate attacks on military patrols in Baghdad on Wednesday, the US military said in a statement.

One soldier was killed in central Baghdad, while two others were killed in the south-west of the city.

An Iraqi soldier was also killed on Wednesday when a roadside bomb exploded in Khalidiya, near Falluja, police said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here