Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

generation snowflake

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
scummy religion based on brainwashing like all other religions......thats what i say anyway
so as i thought, its not racist to criticise Islam as its not racist to criticise Mormons or Scientologists

why do idiots persist in saying its racist to give islam a hard time.......perhaps in their narrow minded view they dont realise islam is a global religion and not practiced solely by people from a geographical area

The depiction of all muslims as fundamentalists as propagated by certain elements of the media comes from exactly the same place as racism. It is designed to distinguish all muslims as inferior, which is patently untrue.

Remember this? This is the sort of thing I'm talking about - totally not on and designed to sow this seed. Blatant misrepresentation. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/26/ipso-sun-print-statement-british-muslims-headline

Of course it is valid to make specific criticisms of Islam as it is to make specific criticisms of all doctrine.

A lot of people do the first thing and then hide behind the second. They'll make an assertion linking all muslims with terrorism and then say 'You can't criticise Islam any more.' It's rubbish, you can and lots of people do. As far as I remember, no one thought all Irish Catholics were rabid supporters of the IRA, for instance.

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Can you point me to the law that states calling out religious ideologies is racist please.

It's almost like you're supporting these idiots in accepting it as racism. Thus shutting down any criticism of it by falsely labelling it something it is not.

This is the mindset of the collective group of morons that make up the snowflake generation.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/racist_and_religious_crime/

No I am acknowledging that the usage of a word can redefine it. Just as you have with the use of moron.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on your mindset.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
interesting
why do people say its racist to criticise the religion of Islam when it is clear it is not racist at all. according to the definitions?

I think if we are honest there are numerous people who associate Islam with other cultures and/or people of a different skin colour.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/p_to_r/racist_and_religious_crime/

No I am acknowledging that the usage of a word can redefine it. Just as you have with the use of moron.

I'm not even going to bother commenting on your mindset.

There's a little word called "and" in there between religion and race.

Otherwise calling a Catholic Priest a pedo would be considered racial hatred or racism and we know how ludicrous a mindset would have to be to believe that.

That's the mindset of these snowflake idiots.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The depiction of all muslims as fundamentalists as propagated by certain elements of the media comes from exactly the same place as racism. It is designed to distinguish all muslims as inferior, which is patently untrue.

Remember this? This is the sort of thing I'm talking about - totally not on and designed to sow this seed. Blatant misrepresentation. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/26/ipso-sun-print-statement-british-muslims-headline

Of course it is valid to make specific criticisms of Islam as it is to make specific criticisms of all doctrine.

A lot of people do the first thing and then hide behind the second. They'll make an assertion linking all muslims with terrorism and then say 'You can't criticise Islam any more.' It's rubbish, you can and lots of people do. As far as I remember, no one thought all Irish Catholics were rabid supporters of the IRA, for instance.

Yet people were super OK with smearing all Priests as Pedos. Even all the way up to the Pope.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
There's a little word called "and" in there between religion and race.

Otherwise calling a Catholic Priest a pedo would be considered racial hatred or racism and we know how ludicrous a mindset would have to be to believe that.

That's the mindset of these snowflake idiots.

Try reading the whole thing rather than just the title, that way you might actually learn something rather than spending your time spouting nonsense.

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references. Gypsies and some travellers, refugees or asylum seekers or others from less visible minorities would be included within this definition. While Romany gypsies have long been recognised as a ethnic racial group (Commission for Racial Equality v Dutton [1989] QB 783), in more recent times and certainly since the first instance discrimination case of O'Leary v Punch Retail (HHJ Goldstein, Westminster County Court, 29 August 2000), Irish Travellers have also been considered an ethnic racial group. Whilst this has not been considered by an appellate criminal court, the O'Leary case is regarded as being persuasive if the point is ever taken.

There has been a legal ruling that Sikhs are included in the definition of a racial group (Mandla v Dowell-Lee [1983] 2 AC 548). In the Mandla case, reference is made to the judgment in King-Ansell v Police [1979] 2 NZLR 531 as being a persuasive authority for Jews being included in the definition of a racial group as well as a religious group. Although not criminal cases, further support for this proposition can be found in the cases of R v JFS [2009] UKSC 15 which related to the legality of the admission policy of a Jewish secondary school and Seide v Gillette Industries Ltd [1980] IRLR 427 in which an Employment Appeal Tribunal ruled that anti-semitic comments made by a fellow-worker were made because he was a member of the Jewish race, not because of his religion.

TBH I'm done with giving you examples. You carry on with your drivel. It's boring.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Certainly have no loser sports days in south London. My kids sports day is a horrible soppy affair and If anything it frustrates the kids as much as anything else as they want to compete properly.

I'd like to know where. My misses is a teacher and contracts around south london and she hasn't seen it.

Forget that read the thread and you gave some examples :thumbsup:

Last edited:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've never read it , but doesn't to kill a mockingbird Contain a strong anti racist message ?

Yep. Up until now it's more or less been required reading for American children as a way of getting them to understand historical race relations in the States and the anti-racism message is loud and clear throughout.

Edit - also under attack is Mark Twain's Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn books, also because of the language used by white people to describe black people in the books. I think this is a particular shame as those books are a lot of fun to read and Twain shows quite clearly that Huck Finn has more in common with his friend Jim, the black slave, than probably any other character in the book including Tom Sawyer.

Last edited:

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Yep. Up until now it's more or less been required reading for American children as a way of getting them to understand historical race relations in the States and the anti-racism message is loud and clear throughout.

think there'll be many books banned then .... what about lyrics?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
think there'll be many books banned then .... what about lyrics?

There's a long history of that happening, isn't there? John Lennon's "Woman is the N-word of the world" didn't go down too well. Peter Gabriel's "Games Without Frontiers" was changed for the single version. This knee-jerk reaction of trying to ban something because it's offensive rather than understanding the context or the message trying to be conveyed is exactly the same thought process that seeks to ban 'To Kill A Mockingbird'.

Regarding books getting banned, rather worryingly I'm surprised at how many otherwise rational and self-confessed progressive people think that this can be justified.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
More proof that education and academia is where regressive liberalism is at its strongest. It's things like this particular book banning that makes society less tolerant, less open, less free. It also paves the way for people like Trump and Farage to rise to the top.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2...d-virginia-schools-racist-language-harper-lee

It's a parent not the school who instigated it and it hasn't actually been banned. As I understand it, the district has responded by pulling the book temporarily, which is the process they have in place.

Here's the Washington Post article.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...608fbb3aaf6_story.html?utm_term=.22a0538bd2ee

But yeah the idea that people have to be protected from history is a nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here