Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Fascinating watching flocks of starlings earlier this week ….gradually coming together and doing there murmuration thing……took a video clip showing them
IMG_6896.jpeg
…but this is a photo from me phone

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone into buying vintage lenses? I have a few from back when I started out in the 80's and since taking photography up again in Covid, I have gained a couple more. I bought a Pentax 135mm 3.5 last week and the way it resolves bokeh is just stunning. That's wide open and appreciably softer than a stop or two down, but I am a sucker for it.

The lens only cost £20 on ebay.
2023_1126_08525600 (1).jpg

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Anyone into buying vintage lenses? I have a few from back when I started out in the 80's and since taking photography up again in Covid, I have gained a couple more. I bought a Pentax 135mm 3.5 last week and the way it resolves bokeh is just stunning. That's wide open and appreciably softer than a stop or two down, but I am a sucker for it.

The lens only cost £20 on ebay.
View attachment 170282
That would be really good for butterflies or similar.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That would be really good for butterflies or similar.
Yes!

I hope so too. I am also looking for a longer focal length macro lens, mine is 60mm (on mirrorless so 90mm equivalence on the smaller sensor). I want a 100mm Pentax or Pantax Takumar as I have adapters for these and love the styling as well. I enjoy the nostalgia associated with older lenses. A longer focal length would be very helpful as I consistently scare insects away with the shorter lens.

Last edited:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Anyone got any experience of Clock Tower Cameras? They have a second hand item I am interested in.

Actually, never mind, I misread the item.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A pic with my new bottom of the range Cannon. I haven't broken it yet. But I need to work on the sharpness.

1701029877109.png

(I feel a bit like someone posting Cliff Richard on the 'best track of the day' thread).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports