Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Stunning, on my photo fu** it list to get on like this, guessing 400mm lens at least? was this in Sussex?

Cheers

Thanks. This was with a 400mm (and has barely been cropped). It was taken during a hide day in Sussex at Knepp.
Spent 6 hours in the hide and has a kingfisher in front of us for at least 3 hours of that - One kingfisher was on the perch for over 50 minutes!

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Thanks. This was with a 400mm (and has barely been cropped). It was taken during a hide day in Sussex at Knepp.
Spent 6 hours in the hide and has a kingfisher in front of us for at least 3 hours of that - One kingfisher was on the perch for over 50 minutes!

Cheers - do they still run these?

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
Took 7 and a half hours of waiting and it only settled for 10 seconds but finally got a photo of a sparrowhawk.
Photo was taken with a 400mm lens and is uncropped.

attachment.php

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
sparrowhawk.jpg

Just happened to be taking photos in the Rockery and this landed. One of those perfect, but very rare photo opportunities. Little out of focus but not bad for a spur of the moment thing.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Taken this morning looking towards Stansted Airport. The rising sun catches the vapour trails.

Attachments

• Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 356

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Taken this morning looking towards Stansted Airport. The rising sun catches the vapour trails.

Love that Uncle C. My type of photo. Minimal colours with some mystery.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Just to join in with the recent postings of bird photos, took this amongst others, at the Arundel WWT yesterday. What a great place.

Attachments

• Geese Pair Flying Arundel 17.1.17 NSC.jpg
    Geese Pair Flying Arundel 17.1.17 NSC.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 318

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just to join in with the recent postings of bird photos, took this amongst others, at the Arundel WWT yesterday. What a great place.
Nice. What's happening with the background?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Attachments

• Geese.jpg
    Geese.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 287

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok. One of your editing steps has created the white rim, which isn't good. Maybe you selected the birds and brightened them, but also selected a bit of sky and brightened that too?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Ok. One of your editing steps has created the white rim, which isn't good. Maybe you selected the birds and brightened them, but also selected a bit of sky and brightened that too?

Thanks Triggaaar. This is really useful feedback. I use Camera Raw (Photoshop). I have noticed the border of objects when I edit when blowing the photos right up, but when reduced to normal size, I can't see it, therefore thinking I've done well. I tend to increase the clarity slightly, then go to the sharpening bit. I think I'll have to ease back a little on this. I do use a "mask", so in this case, it was just the geese that should have been affected in this part of the process.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Great, great shot, 400mm prime lens? That is some serious glass, what body do you use?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here