Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Morning all,

Am thinking of moving away from Flickr for online photo sharing/storage as I really don't like the new design. Anyone have any alternatives they've recommend? I'm thinking of trying http://500px.com/ at the moment...

Thanks!

Z

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
London Skyline @ Twiight.

London Night 1.jpg

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
As others have said, there needs to be some recovery of the highlights, however this is impossible with St Paul's as it's way brighter than anything else in the skyline. The pic also loses some impact as you've tried to include everything in the skyline and ended up with lots of sky and river. There's some nice colours though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As others have said, there needs to be some recovery of the highlights, however this is impossible with St Paul's as it's way brighter than anything else in the skyline.
Although I suspect you're right, we can't be sure what can be recovered without knowing what camera and settings were used.

View attachment 46352

Here's a twilight one I took on Tuesday
Another nice one. Being picky, I'd like you to have panned to the right a little (included less off the left, and more of the bridge).

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
View attachment 46354

Brighton is such a great place for photgraphers and I am going to miss it now that I am back in Abu Dhabi

Last edited:

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
My twilight effort from a couple of weeks ago.
Upgraded from Nikon D80 to D7100. Slowly getting the hang of it.
Please if you wouldn't mind, could you put your camera settings of your shots posted as this I believe helps us novices to get some idea when taking similar shots.
This one is F4.8, exposure time 1/25 sec.

Attachments

• DSC_0217 edit.JPG
    DSC_0217 edit.JPG
    357.3 KB · Views: 214

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
My twilight effort from a couple of weeks ago.
Upgraded from Nikon D80 to D7100. Slowly getting the hang of it.
Please if you wouldn't mind, could you put your camera settings of your shots posted as this I believe helps us novices to get some idea when taking similar shots.
This one is F4.8, exposure time 1/25 sec.

Very nice Graeme. West Pier beautifully framed behind the Palace Pier. :)

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I've been messing about with photography for a few months, I've been enjoying abstract black and white photos at the moment, this being my favourite so far. This was taken down at shoreham beach a few weeks ago.

a7ypa8y2.jpg

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
2 more shots from Tuesday's stock shootlon 2.jpglon 3.jpg

Canary Wharf shot 10x Neutral Density Filter .....105 seconds at F22... ISO 50
Southbank shot 320s at F5.6....ISO 200

Previous St Paul's Shot 10 Seconds at F22 ....ISO 100

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Although I suspect you're right, we can't be sure what can be recovered without knowing what camera and settings were used.

Another nice one. Being picky, I'd like you to have panned to the right a little (included less off the left, and more of the bridge).

Take your point Trig, unfortunately though lots of unsightly building work going on further to the right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here