Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Photography thread

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
My son is selling his Canon 60d with 17-85mm lens in very nice condition, if anyone's interested. :blush:

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
My son is selling his Canon 60d with 17-85mm lens in very nice condition, if anyone's interested. :blush:

Any chance of just getting a price for the lens?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
How much of a difference is there between Elements and the full version? (Not price, there's almost £600 difference there!)

Elements will do everything that the vast majority of home users want/need to do with photos/images. You need to read the reviews, really.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806567.513223.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806585.608988.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806603.275291.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1361806620.936840.jpg

Here's 4 from my recent New York trip.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have a canon slr and would like to go on a course of a few lessons to know how to use the thing. It takes decent pictures, but my mrs has a canon point and shoot type camera which takes fabulous photos and we have a vivitar underwater camera that only cost 40 quid and takes brilliant shots.

Does anyone know if there are such things or is it best to trawl on line for lessons?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
I have a canon slr and would like to go on a course of a few lessons to know how to use the thing. It takes decent pictures, but my mrs has a canon point and shoot type camera which takes fabulous photos and we have a vivitar underwater camera that only cost 40 quid and takes brilliant shots.

Does anyone know if there are such things or is it best to trawl on line for lessons?

I did a beginners course at night college - beginers guide to digital SLR cameras, went there with camera settings on full auto, after course never used auto again. Pictures have come on leaps and bounds, Highly recommend it if you can.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Figured that I would never be anything more than a 'snapper' so went for a good compact and got a Nikon J2 with wide angle lens..... Pretty decent for a snapper....quite like the slow motion function on it as well..

Those pictures of Ethiopia were beautiful...

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I did a beginners course at night college - beginers guide to digital SLR cameras, went there with camera settings on full auto, after course never used auto again. Pictures have come on leaps and bounds, Highly recommend it if you can.

Cheers mate....funnily enough I have the manual and that says don't use auto. My mate who is a photographer says by using auto is like having a cordon blue qualification and just eating takeaways all the time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here