Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election predictions

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tories rarely display posters, they simply vote.

Yeah, yeah, we know, shy Tories, value signalling, blah de blah. Except you've missed the point......

You speak of this a new phenomena.

.....which is that this is the first time I've had a visit from a Tory EVER during an election campaign. You could stick Diane Abbot up as a candidate in my ward and she'd win.

As it happens, I've said Kyle win

He certainly will if Tim Nice But Dim keeps canvassing in places where he's got no hope instead of getting the old biddies from around Wish Park out to a polling station

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I thought polls aren't allowed to be broadcast till 10pm ? Or all Tories are retired and already voted against the dementia tax ?

They forgot to vote

All I'll say is the national result will be very close and given the Brexit bounce for the Tories that's an incredible achievement for the Labour campaign and Jez in particular. No one else on the centre or left in politics could have done this. Head says repeat of 2015 likely small majority but 2010 still in play I think.

I'll stick my neck out and say Labour will edge it in Kemptown and create a Tory free zone in Brighton and Hove

Close as in he's a mate?

More mate of mates, but followed what he does microscopically. No way did he encourage IRA, his talks with evolving Sinn Fein leadership were all about ensuring IRA would never bomb or shoot again

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
And 1992 Kinnock's Nurembourg style rally in Sheffield to a huge crowd of the converted, indoors but with wind machines blowing flags as a back drop. Neil and the party were so convinced, that he adopted a Texan accent in whooping and yelling "Allllll Riiiiiight".

Two days later, Labour desolation as determined by the quiet UK public.

A remainder to ignore the Murdoch press at election time

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
As I said, Theresa May can, unilaterally, solve the future situation of EU citizens in the UK. This wouldn't involve any input from the EU. But she hasn't. And by declaring a totally unneeded election, and further delaying talks, it's pretty clear the government doesn't have speed at the forefront of its Brexit thinking. In fact we are now one year after the EU referendum and **** all has been discussed to date. Where on earth do you get this idea the UK wants to act fast?

I can't believe its nearly a year and people are left hanging, it complete shame on this government.

Must be tough being a Brit living on the continent, guess you just keep your head down

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
But I was responding to your specific point " But IMO the Brexit negotiations are the most important factor over the next 5 years, and I think May would do a better job than Corbyn."
Ok, fair enough.

We're talking about one leader's ability to negotiate Brexit being better than the other and I don't see what relevance her domestic policies being "realistic" have on negotiations around the table on the specific subject of Brexit.
The reason I think it's relevant is that I think Corbyn is so unrealistic about what can be done, that he's not going to fight effectively for what we need. When I hear him talk it all seems like an idealistic dream, not something he could ever deliver. I therefore think he'd be more likely to walk away with a deal that he thinks is lovely, but which would in reality screw us over.

She had two main objectives as Home Secretary in her dealings with George Osborne and that was to obtain enough government funding to keep enough police on the beat and our borders secure, and she failed to do that with her own colleague.
In what way are you saying she hasn't kept our borders secure?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wrong, need to get your facts right before ignorantly typing away. Here's the losing rally and 1:30 in you'll find the Texan from the Welsh Valleys:

Which even Kinnock later very much regretted.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39531021

Texan?

Not how I remember it

sun.JPG

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Based on nothing more than the number of people coming out of Brighton station this evening and completely ignoring the Labour supporters handing out leaflets, my prediction is Labour are f***ed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Based on nothing more than the number of people coming out of Brighton station this evening and completely ignoring the Labour supporters handing out leaflets, my prediction is Labour are f***ed.

That'll be all the Tories coming home from WORK

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here