Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
I don't think I've been listening properly and my brain is functioning in a way that I'm not totally happy with. My question is this: why are the SNP losing votes and seats, sometimes to the Tories? The Scots hate the Tories. Mostly.

But they're rejecting wee Jimmy Krankie and all she stands for.

Simplistic - probably.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
But revised Exit Poll of 322 Tory seats means with Northern Ireland DUP they'll have a small but working majority.

They're not going to get the landslide though. However the rest of the night goes, I'm just pleased with the thought: 1997 Massive win for Labour, Brighton saved from oblivion; 2017 Massive win for for Brighton, Labour saved from oblivion.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I refuse to flounce and will stay to see it out in the vain hope that the Tories win big!!

Plus the onion powder and garlic powder in my roasted peanuts is playing havoc with my IBS.

I may do a half flounce about 5am.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Interested to hear more about what a half flounce entails when the IBS thing calms down. No rush.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Labour are 200 votes ahead in Canterbury after the recount apparently. Sensation.

The position was pretty much that if Labour/Lib Dem/Green all voted tactically for Labour, they could just about win. However, that's ignoring the UKIP effect, which is effectively driving Labour gains, along with increased turnout from younger people (I'm guessing). God knows where this night is headed.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Brexit vote was always gonna be close. Remain win should mean we are staying around, but your system needs massive reform. Leave, ok we can't trust you to reform but lets leave nicely.

It looks to me that the electorate doesn't partucularlu want Corbyn to negotiate us out but it definately doesn't want May.

Jesus they got this one wrong.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Tory majority / next government odds shortening now. Feels like I'm missing some of the story on ITV currently, so I'm turning over to BBC again.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The position was pretty much that if Labour/Lib Dem/Green all voted tactically for Labour, they could just about win. However, that's ignoring the UKIP effect, which is effectively driving Labour gains, along with increased turnout from younger people (I'm guessing). God knows where this night is headed.

If they can win Canterbury, which has been Tory for 99 years, you wonder what else might be possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here