Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Then why wont Mrs May enter into a leaders debate and show Jeremy Corbyn and everyone else what a mess the Labour Party is in?
I'd have thought you know why. Because she doesn't need to show everyone what a mess they're in, everyone already knows.

Everyone thinks Labour are unfit to govern, so she has nothing to gain by having a debate with him. It's basic politics.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Then why wont Mrs May enter into a leaders debate and show Jeremy Corbyn and everyone else what a mess the Labour Party is in?

The sooner Corbyn gets humiliated at the polls, the sooner Labour can start to rebuild and re-engage with the electorate. Election can't come soon enough. IMHO, like.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I'd have thought you know why. Because she doesn't need to show everyone what a mess they're in, everyone already knows.

Everyone thinks Labour are unfit to govern, so she has nothing to gain by having a debate with him. It's basic politics.

So she's not scared of showing herself up as being just as inept as Corbyn, being totally clueless on Brexit and anything else and showing to everyone she can't survive speaking unless shes relying on soundbites drip fed to her by Sir Lynton Crosby? Plus the fact Angus Robertson and Caroline Lucas would make her look even more inept. You're right, it seems pretty simple politics to me as well.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The sooner Corbyn gets humiliated at the polls, the sooner Labour can start to rebuild and re-engage with the electorate. Election can't come soon enough. IMHO, like.

I agree, though I do have my doubts Corbyn will just quit the day after and walk away. I am one of those who can't see a Mrs May Brexit being anything other than a disaster and something politically needs to come soon to provide a credible alternative to her 'Brexit means Brexit' mantra.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I agree, though I do have my doubts Corbyn will just quit the day after and walk away. I am one of those who can't see a Mrs May Brexit being anything other than a disaster and something politically needs to come soon to provide a credible alternative to her 'Brexit means Brexit' mantra.

Sadly, this election will only be remembered for one thing: the Maggie May mantra 'Strong and Stable'.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Stupid post. Have you seen anything anywhere that suggests a majority of EU citizens want all Brits repatriated, or anything that suggests that a majority in the UK wants to kick out all EU nationals? Thought not.

I see you failed to provide any evidence to your earlier statement. Like other leavers just making things up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Mrs May in Cornwall today.

http://www.cornwalllive.com/prime-m...ral-election/story-30306323-detail/story.html

Reporters allowed two questions but not allowed to film her answers, and they weren't allowed to ask about why they weren't allowed to film her.

Are you ****ing joking?

Isn't controlling the press one of the actions that a dictator usually takes. Maybe Mrs May wasn't hapoy with her tv performance over the weekend and also wanted to avoid any questions on the EU fallout where the EU have no confidence in her.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Isn't controlling the press one of the actions that a dictator usually takes. Maybe Mrs May wasn't hapoy with her tv performance over the weekend and also wanted to avoid any questions on the EU fallout where the EU have no confidence in her.

She's leaving Corbyn and Abbot to hang themselves and they're doing an excellent job of it. Like I said, depressing.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Finally people are starting to realise that politics is dead

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Even our former friends and colleagues in The EU are joining in with the fun and laughing at the embarrassment that is the British Conservative & Unionist Party.

[tweet]859108190490963968[/tweet]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So she's not scared of showing herself up as being just as inept as Corbyn, being totally clueless on Brexit and anything else and showing to everyone she can't survive speaking unless shes relying on soundbites drip fed to her by Sir Lynton Crosby?
No, as I said, she has nothing to gain. Everyone knows this, it's not complicated.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Ironically she is the weakest debater as she's shown so far, and that's why she's hiding. Nothing strong or stable about it.

When the debates were brought in back in 2010, it didn't do Cameron any favours, but he, along with every other leader then and in 2015 was willing and wanted to take part and every leader now, in the early election she was never going to call, is willing and wanting to take part except one. Nothing strong or stable about her at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here