Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If the EU can decide in 4 minutes flat that that is what they want, it's a shame their leaders can't go along with the will of the majority and respond positively to the idea of getting it sorted early.

What majority within the EU want this sorted out early, I have not seen anything where the majority of the EU citizens want this, There is however a lot of articles, no doubt you can provide a link.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The EU have got so used to doing what they want, getting what they want with everyone else's money they have forgotten what real democracy is all about. We really don't need a second layer of bureaucratic bullshit.

We are holding a general election because our Government has cheated in getting 30 seats, is that real democracy?

D

Deleted member 22389

We are holding a general election because our Government has cheated in getting 30 seats, is that real democracy?

We can go around in circles all day. Get the vote done and if people hate the Tories and brexit that much they can vote them out. You can then eventually reverse Brexit discounting the 52% who voted to leave originally, we would have to accept it. Likewise if the Tories win and we go for hard Brexit, that needs to be the end of the moaning from the remainers. No 2nd referendum, finished, done.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so much for a unified approach from the EU, its pretty clear that the reported comments by Junker are in fact at odds with those from Barnier on the EU's "agreed" priorities. if they are to secure their objectives to protect EU citizens, open Irish border and "full settlement of the bill", they must compromise on something. the first will be the amount of that bill that will be eroded away to a fraction of 50bn (its unrealistic that pensions and existing budgeted projects are costing that much). the second will be how much free trade will be allowed, because if they insist on none they will also force a harder boarder with Ireland, who'd have to enforcing it at the behest of the EU. its not realistically possible for them to maintain the Junker style "we wont do a deal" when insisting they want to do a deal.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
When we leave will all the foreign companies that run a lot of our private utilities and rail companies, and been ripping us off for years, be shown the door.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What part of Brexit means Brexit does Jean-Claude Juncker not understand? He needs to remember that he's just a johnny foreigner, we're British, with strong and stable leadership, that there'll be no coalition of chaos in our precious union, that politics is not a game and that he's got to do everything we say and that there has to be a deal - because there has to be - and that deal must be approved by The Daily Mail too.
Well by June 9th we will have a PM and government elected, unlike the unelected mob running the EU.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
We are doing the same thing, there is nothing to stop us sorting it now.

No we are not.
The EU are stopping us achieving a reciprocal agreement immediately on EU citizens here and Brits abroad. You probably know this but like the millions of cucks that have sold Britain down the EU toilet over the years you don’t give a toss about securing the rights of Brits abroad in the slightest. When are you remoaners going to stand up for equal rights of Brits living in Europe in a fair reciprocal agreement?......Thats right…..never.
Not unexpected really given your form over the decades of selling out the country to Brussels.
Hang your heads in shame.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No we are not.
The EU are stopping us achieving a reciprocal agreement immediately on EU citizens here and Brits abroad. You probably know this but like the millions of cucks that have sold Britain down the EU toilet over the years you don’t give a toss about securing the rights of Brits abroad in the slightest. When are you remoaners going to stand up for equal rights of Brits living in Europe in a fair reciprocal agreement?......Thats right…..never.
Not unexpected really given your form over the decades of selling out the country to Brussels.
Hang your heads in shame.

No they are not. What on earth makes you think this?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So The EU are saying before any other business is discussed we should all finalise an agreement for EU citizens in UK and Brits in Europe are they?
link please

Google EU and 4 minutes. You'll find numerous links. It was in the press last week, Friday I think.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Google EU and 4 minutes. You'll find numerous links. It was in the press last week, Friday I think.

much easier if you supply one where they are very clear citizen rights will be sorted out straight away or asap with no other issues involved or muddying the process......just like we have proposed to the EU all along.
sure you wont have any difficulty in sharing a link

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
much easier if you supply one where they are very clear citizen rights will be sorted out straight away or asap with no other issues involved or muddying the process......just like we have proposed to the EU all along.
sure you wont have any difficulty in sharing a link

This was all done yesterday in this very thread. Scroll back a few pages.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

I know,You are unable to provide a link which shows the EU are willing to agree to reciprocal citizen rights without attachments.
Because they are not willing to.......they are using citizens as bargaining chips........you know it, i know it.

nasty nasty organisation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know,You are unable to provide a link which shows the EU are willing to agree to reciprocal citizen rights without attachments.
Because they are not willing to.......they are using citizens as bargaining chips........you know it, i know it.

nasty nasty organisation

Whatever.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

The Daily Telegraph reports this today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...retly-plotting-block-theresa-may-eu-migrants/

Other papers, for instance the Guardian, report from the other 'side' in almost an opposite manner where the UK is the bad boy not allowing the EU their way.

Who to believe? I don't trust the EU one little bit, but then I don't trust the Tories either. They are all rubbish.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whatever.

Sigh

You sum up many moaners on here. The simple facts that The EU are playing with people doesnt sit comfortably with you does it......yet you blindly support them in their actions even though you know they stink.

This cuck thinking made Farages job even simpler........god bless you brexit enabling types!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Daily Telegraph reports this today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...retly-plotting-block-theresa-may-eu-migrants/

Other papers, for instance the Guardian, report from the other 'side' in almost an opposite manner where the UK is the bad boy not allowing the EU their way.

Who to believe? I don't trust the EU one little bit, but then I don't trust the Tories either. They are all rubbish.

Whatever they're allegedly doing in secret they have very publicly stated one of their first aims, before anything else, is to secure the rights of EU citizens. If they were secretly trying to block this it would be incredibly easy for May to smoke them out on this....all she need do is make a phone call to Brussels and start negotiations. Or take the lead and make a call about EU citizens in the UK herself. Sadly she is now wasting over a month with this election.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sigh

You sum up many moaners on here. The simple facts that The EU are playing with people doesnt sit comfortably with you does it......yet you blindly support them in their actions even though you know they stink.

This cuck thinking made Farages job even simpler........god bless you brexit enabling types!

I can't be arsed to play your daft game. I actually looked back at yesterday's posts and you were actually involved in them. Weird. Others had a reasonable discussion about this very point yesterday, and it seems it's starting again today. If you want to contribute to this then fine. But no need to play this odd game or resort to cliched name calling. I'm out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here