Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
At least you lucky sods in B&H get a competition at election time.

In Worthing you could stick a blue rosette on an inanimate object and it would still win with a landslide.

I have lived at the same place in Worthing for the past 15 years. In all that time Bottomley has never once knocked on my door (or anybody else's that I know). In fact no member of the Tory party has ever come to my door at election time. I have never had any Tory election leaflets either. He knows he will get re-elected. He knows he doesn't have to do SFA to get elected. So SFA is all he does.

Shocking state of affairs that in 2017 it's like living in an 18th century Rotten Borough.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Who the actual **** votes for someone who thinks 'gays' can be cured?

How unenlightened would you have to be?

I used to vote Lib-Dem as an anti-Tory vote in Worthing. But I've done that for the last time. I could never cast my vote for a party led by a homophobe.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I used to vote Lib-Dem as an anti-Tory vote in Worthing. But I've done that for the last time. I could never cast my vote for a party led by a homophobe.

I meant the Tory candidate in Hove.
But Farron hasn't excelled himself, has he.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There's been a big swing away from the Tories on Betfair this morning in the 'Most seats', 'Next Government' and 'Overall Majority' markets.

Still heavily odds on at 1/10, 1/4 and 1/4 respectively, but quite a shift from where things were yesterday evening.

Pretty much the odds against Trump and Brexit that Betfair had I think?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I would like to take this opportunity in thanking the people of NSC who offered advice in the last eight weeks.

Not sure I could have made up my mind without you. :hilton:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What is more dangerous, cutting military services numbers in a world where technology and threats are evolving and a land invasion is highly unlikely or having a nuclear deterrent in which the potential commander in chief has told rogue nations and/or groups that the deterrent will never be used even if they strike first?
Yes, if course we need a leader who will take the tough decision to make whole areas of the planet a poisoned wasteland for generations . Better that then saddle future generations with debt.... My worry is that is Mrs May really would use it.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Don't know if it happens these days but in the seventies the Dome was a great night on election night.

I can recall a few occasions when I'd had a night out in town and spent the rest of the night hearing the results coming in then walking home in the early hours to west Hove.

Does sound a bit like Christmas Eve ..... midnight mass and all that

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
There's been a big swing away from the Tories on Betfair this morning in the 'Most seats', 'Next Government' and 'Overall Majority' markets.

Still heavily odds on at 1/10, 1/4 and 1/4 respectively, but quite a shift from where things were yesterday evening.

Seems to have moved back...

Most Seats - Win
Conservatives 1/16
Labour 8/1

Next Government - Win
Conservative Majority 1/6
Conservative Minority 10/1
Labour Minority 11/1
Labour Majority 18/1

Overall Majority - Win
No Overall Majority 9/2
Labour Majority 18/1

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
At least you lucky sods in B&H get a competition at election time.

In Worthing you could stick a blue rosette on an inanimate object and it would still win with a landslide.

I have lived at the same place in Worthing for the past 15 years. In all that time Bottomley has never once knocked on my door (or anybody else's that I know). In fact no member of the Tory party has ever come to my door at election time. I have never had any Tory election leaflets either. He knows he will get re-elected. He knows he doesn't have to do SFA to get elected. So SFA is all he does.

Shocking state of affairs that in 2017 it's like living in an 18th century Rotten Borough.

You're obviously in Worthing West. That is poor of Bottomley. You mention Rotten Boroughs. If I remember correctly, Horsham and Worthing was one. In my view, you should always have to have some kind of local connection with a seat you want to represent (all parties are as bad at this). I wouldn't be quite so sure about Worthing East and Shoreham, though. In the County Council elections, Labour came within 100 votes in Broadwater, Worthing Central and Worthing East, and got respectable votes in the Shoreham divisions, and that was when they were doing badly. I am fortunate in having a far more interesting election, in that my seat, Battersea, is one of the key ones, and likely to declare early. Brexit has gone down very badly, and among long time Conservatives as well as floating voters.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seems to have moved back...

Most Seats - Win
Conservatives 1/16
Labour 8/1

Next Government - Win
Conservative Minority 10/1
Labour Minority 11/1
Labour Majority 18/1

Overall Majority - Win
No Overall Majority 9/2
Labour Majority 18/1

Not sure those were Betfair odds. They've come back a bit, but not as far as that:

Most Seats - Win
Conservatives 1/16 1/12

Next Government - Win
Conservative Majority 1/6 1/5

Overall Majority - Win
Conservative Majority 1/6 2/11

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports