Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you believe that her government will take measures that will damage the UK the best thing to do is oppose her.

Supporting a government you disagree with as an act of unity is not a solution for a better world.

I don't see how that could possibly help things.
By all means protest or moan but surely we can all get on board with the idea that standing by the commander, in defiance, is more likely to defeat hate that division?

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
Now he saying he would put more money into anti terrisom buying more votes..

He was warning about police numbers before the recent attacks. Additionally a week before the NHS malware meltdown he was stressing the importance of cyber security.

Rather than being an opportunist, maybe he's just right?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Corbyn could not wait he made a speech tonight about resources against terrisom and he's voted against every policy on terrisom.
Now he saying he would put more money into anti terrisom buying more votes. All this money coming from more borrowing and higher taxes don't say a didint warn you.

From opponents of MI5, shoot to kill terrorists and as you say all anti terror legislation.

The bodies aren't even cold yet, and desparate for Downing Street Corbyn proves again he's not a man of conviction. He'd say anything for votes.

Frightenly, his fellow liar signed this:
https://www.ft.com/content/ea0fc68a-8ebc-11e5-a549-b89a1dfede9b

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
5.1% increase in the total number of plebs on benefits registered to vote here in Hastings & Rye since the election - it's all 18-24 year olds. If they vote, it's a taxi for Amber - on expenses of course.

JS101475774.jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
The six week run in (normally for four), I reckon has led to electioneering overload and weariness.

Speaking personally: after the 2015 election and the bad blood from last year's referendum, I was already feeling that way when this election was announced.
Only one person at fault for that.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Can't believe Labour are over 50% on here, the swing from the post poll a month ago is staggering.

Agreed - but it's almost certainly due far more to the unbelievably poor performance of Theresa May, rather than anything Corbyn is doing (although he's done a great job of putting himself across as a decent bloke). For most people the choice is simply between far right and far left. Yet the vast majority of Brits are in the centre (probably a little to the right - Tony Blair got it, but very few others seem to understand this basic truth).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
From opponents of MI5, shoot to kill terrorists and as you say all anti terror legislation.

The bodies aren't even cold yet, and desparate for Downing Street Corbyn proves again he's not a man of conviction. He'd say anything for votes.

Fine. **** it. No-one else is holding back today.
May started it this morning. Trying to look strong in the face of her mistakes as Home Secretary and PM.
Why wasn't 'enough, enough' in March, eh? Oh I know: because there wasn't a general election in four days time!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
But I've never voted Liberal Democrat and I voted Conservative up until the last election, until Brexit and them going full on Daily Mail, hence I have to vote for the party who are lesser c***s . Better than being right-wing, Empire, patriotic immigrant controller jumping out Tory now though. Tally Ho! :thumbsup:

I have no idea what “being Empire” is in the first place, but I can say hand on heart I see nothing wrong with being patriotic in the slightest. I know it’s the in thing for leftist liberal types like you to sneer at patriotism and conflate it with extreme nationalism, (your Thornberry has shown the way on that front),but it’s a sad day when you think being patriotic is bad.
I wont apologise for wanting immigration controlled either, the country has consistently showed ( around 70%) that they want immigration controlled and numbers reduced. You are in the minority here, I find it rather ill thought out that you are against controlling immigration.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Corbyn could not wait he made a speech tonight about resources against terrisom and he's voted against every policy on terrisom.
Now he saying he would put more money into anti terrisom buying more votes. All this money coming from more borrowing and higher taxes don't say a didint warn you.

We've borrowed over half a trillion pounds since 2010 - that's over £500,000,000,000* just in case you need it in numbers - very difficult for the Tories to moan on about borrowing! [In fact, the figure is around £700,000,000,000]

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Who doesn't like free stuff?

Think the problem is the Tories are offering young people very little, they've been taken for granted, plus they've been screwed over with Brexit.

IMO JC's spending plans are crazy, though I'd have more faith on Kier Starmer getting a deal on Brexit than David Davis (way too arrogant)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Fine. **** it. No-one else is holding back today.
May started it this morning. Trying to look strong in the face of her mistakes as Home Secretary and PM.
Why wasn't 'enough, enough' in March, eh? Oh I know: because there wasn't a general election in four days time!

Trying to look strong. In other words, you haven't got any shite on May today.

In your desperation for Tories out, you support a traitor to our country and the west. A friend of IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah murderers, anti security services, anti anti-terror legislation, and always critical of the police and armed forces all his life.

How blinkered.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I have no idea what “being Empire” is in the first place, but I can say hand on heart I see nothing wrong with being patriotic in the slightest. I know it’s the in thing for leftist liberal types like you to sneer at patriotism and conflate it with extreme nationalism, (your Thornberry has shown the way on that front),but it’s a sad day when you think being patriotic is bad.
I wont apologise for wanting immigration controlled either, the country has consistently showed ( around 70%) that they want immigration controlled and numbers reduced. You are in the minority here, I find it rather ill thought out that you are against controlling immigration.

You can bet the poster you quoted was waving his union jack when we were winning all those gold medals at the olympics, that's probably on the list of permitted patriotism though, what a *****r

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The woman is vile. Already today, using the terrorist attacks of the last two weeks to push her terrifying authoritarian agenda of censoring the internet, as if it will make any kind of difference to prevent extremists hiring vans and stabbing people. She will continue to cut policing, social working and advocating war.

That’s odd, there seem to be experts lining up everywhere saying the online content that is spread and promotes the ideals of these filthy Islamic extremists is bad. Yet you are miffed at plans to try and reduce it.
Plenty of experts seem to be saying this online content helps contribute towards the grooming and brainwashing of susceptible individuals who are fed a false narrative.
These individuals are the future hope of these muslim extremists.
Yet you say its removal wont make any difference.

Just what level apologist are you?

If you want to do your bit to prevent terrorism, voting out the regressive Theresa May and the Conservatives would be a good start.

If you think doing you bit to prevent terrorism means replacing May with Corbyn, a man with questionable morals when it comes to surrounding himself with terrorist friends, a man who was upset that Jihadi John had a missile land on his head, a man who called the killing of Bin Laden a tragedy …..then you need your head read.
He is the least trustworthy person in the country when looking to someone to take the fight to Islamic Terrorists.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

In your desperation for Tories out, you support a traitor to our country and the west. A friend of IRA, Hamas and Hezbollah murderers, anti security services, anti anti-terror legislation, and always critical of the police and armed forces all his life.

How blinkered.

Nicely dodging the question of timing. Trying to look strong after weeks of looking anything but, yeah?
I'll try another one: why is it that May & Rudd have only used one banning order to stop the thousands of citizens returning from Syria?

I wasn't aware that we're under threat from Hamas, Hezbollah. Maybe, like Obama, he believes that talking to terrorists is the first step to getting them to peace talks. Maybe it'll work with the IRA one day. No, wait: it did?!
Yeah: it's definitely Corbyn that's the danger.

And I write that as no fan of Jeremy.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

How blinkered.

You really need to learn how to forgive and forget comrade. It's a wonderful trait to have.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

My patriotism differs from yours. I'm patriotic and I lived in the former 'empire' - I can see this country from a different side and heard and know what other people think about it based on their perceptions and experiences on what it did to them and those before them. We're not all that and haven't been since 1945 and never will be. We had a good run post 1979 though, but now here we are with Brexit.

I'm voting Labour this time by default and I support them - 7 years of austerity has not worked or helped people. I don't agree with Corbyn on everything, far from it, but he is the opposition and he offers something different. I relate to my local Labour candidate far more than I ever will to Amber Rudd. I'm voting Labour.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Agreed - but it's almost certainly due far more to the unbelievably poor performance of Theresa May, rather than anything Corbyn is doing (although he's done a great job of putting himself across as a decent bloke). For most people the choice is simply between far right and far left. Yet the vast majority of Brits are in the centre (probably a little to the right - Tony Blair got it, but very few others seem to understand this basic truth).

You do spout a lot of old tripe at times. Nick Griffin is 'far right' May and the Tories can be rightly criticised for many things but they aren't the loony fringe like Corbyn and his fellow travellers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here