Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
The professional, the Met Chief Cressida Dicks said in her monologue speech this morning, that the Met have all the resources they need.

JC is a false Jonny Come Lately in being a friend of the police and army. A selective pacifist. He didn't give a shite if police and army were murdered by Irish terrorists, it all came out with a Irish Republicans including an IRA senior commander stating that JC was their supporter in the 'armed struggle'. With Abbott he's fought every piece of anti terror legislation. Even three weeks Abbott was still opposing the Police, this time on spithoods designed to stop our brave police receiving gob in the faces from vermin.

You top hat.
Enough off duty police had phoned in to go on duty so they needed no more.
And it was to police that area after it had all died down.

Scotchegg

Sep 1, 2014
Brighton
Quite a shock of an article written by left wing propagandists? Are you seriously saying that May is not genuinely remorse (as are all politicians) at the atrocities and civilian deaths?

Are you saying that either May, the Tories or the Government is directly funding terrorism in Saudi Arabia?

Or do you confuse a prime minister as directly supporting terrorism, who foreign office does Arms deals (which protects the jobs of many within a large sector of UK expertise and manufacturing), with a country with an Appalling human rights record like Saudi Arabia, who in turn may use those arms which they have a right to own to protect their nation and instead of their choice, go and use them for something more questionable
If so where is the Tony Blair or Gordon Brown or any other UK prime Minister poster? Every leader of our nation has overlooked the terrible record of Saudi Arabia and has sold them military items manufactured in the UK worth billions. But every nation has a right to protect itself.

Are Saudi Arabia repugnant? of course, Does May or Blair commit terrorism by having a multi billion arms contract with a sovereign nation of whose army and laws we have no control? If we refused to sell them British made arms (at the expense of many cutting edge arms manufacturing and jobs) would it make the nasty Saudi's change their ways? or would they go to China, to Russia, to the US or any other major arms manufacturer and do exactly the same?

If it turns out the sick terrorists last night had knives made in China or the USA, does that make them guilty of the idiots who used them for illicit purposes?

First point no. I don't really like the picture, I hate all this shit which tries to reduce a complex issue into a daft picture to score points from both sides equally. it's fake news or propaganda bullshit if you like.

But if I'm reading your post right, you're saying that if we don't sell them arms, someone else will so hey **** it. That's an interesting perspective to say the least.

Last edited:

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I say this not in defence of May, but I honestly believe this fascination with X numbers is misguided. X more this = safety. It doesnt. The world is changing, we will not be in a WW2 situation again, war and counteracting threats is changing. Look at what Putin is doing now with his new hybrid warfare, technological advances and different types of national threats are making many more traditional military options in need of review. I guess we both can agree that the quality of protection and meeting todays global threats is more important than numbers. Is 17k regular forces to many? maybe, i dont know and they are brilliant. But ultimately its about meeting and defeating specific types of 21st century threat. I dont see an invading army coming to the UK. Gibralter and Falklands abroad are about the two biggest needs other than that Id be happy with the UN leading peacekeeping.

Talk is, even The Daily Mail reported this, a standing army of 65,000. I'm sorry, but in the post-Brexit utopia we need all the power and influence at our disposal and a defence force 'aint it.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We are we cutting the army by 17,000 though? It makes us smaller than France?

We are still going to be one of the very few NATO countries meeting the 2% of GDP on defence spending which suggests they are still spending but in other areas. New Carriers, new planes/equipment etc.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We are still going to be one of the very few NATO countries meeting the 2% of GDP on defence spending which suggests they are still spending but in other areas. New Carriers, new planes/equipment etc.

2% doesn't mean a jot. Are we keeping both carriers? Does 2% include reducing The British Army to 65,000 standing soldiers and less than France? Is it inclusive of Trident renewal?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
The woman is vile. Already today, using the terrorist attacks of the last two weeks to push her terrifying authoritarian agenda of censoring the internet, as if it will make any kind of difference to prevent extremists hiring vans and stabbing people. She will continue to cut policing, social working and advocating war.

If you want to do your bit to prevent terrorism, voting out the regressive Theresa May and the Conservatives would be a good start.
Politicians don't like the internet because it makes it easier for people to find out when they are lying.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you want to do your bit to prevent terrorism, voting out the regressive Theresa May and the Conservatives would be a good start.

Ugh. She's going to have a majority so the best thing we can do is support her.
Anyway: One day of unity shouldn't be impossible...

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Politicians don't like the internet because it makes it easier for people to find out when they are lying.

Correct. It's why it's so relatively expensive in Southern Africa where I once lived - it keeps the people down if they're kept out the loop. The ANC and The BDP in Botswana, amongst others know this.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Why should we support such a divisive politician? Her first act as PM was to brand many millions of her fellow countrymen as "Citizens of nowhere". She went on to further alienate millions more by saying "Those who still believe Britain has made a mistake in leaving the EU are just patronising members of a liberal metropolitan elite.” There are too many parallels with Germany in 1930s not to be really worried about where Theresa May is taking us. We are fast becoming a joke country completely out of step with the rest of the world. We used to be an open, tolerant society, but May's brand of xenophobic conservatism is creating a society I increasingly want no more of. The relentless anti-immigrant propaganda is simply awful. What have we become?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Can't believe Labour are over 50% on here, the swing from the post poll a month ago is staggering.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What a ridiculous assertion - the Tories have been running a very successful economy (despite the mess left by the Labour government) for the last 7 years - and would clearly continue in a similar vein.

You are joking yes ? I certainly hope so otherwise you are detached from reality.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014

If you believe that her government will take measures that will damage the UK the best thing to do is oppose her.

Supporting a government you disagree with as an act of unity is not a solution for a better world.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Corbyn could not wait he made a speech tonight about resources against terrisom and he's voted against every policy on terrisom.
Now he saying he would put more money into anti terrisom buying more votes. All this money coming from more borrowing and higher taxes don't say a didint warn you.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Corbyn could not wait he made a speech tonight about resources against terrisom and he's voted against every policy on terrisom.
Now he saying he would put more money into anti terrisom buying more votes. All this money coming from more borrowing and higher taxes don't say a didint warn you.

He'll just shake the money tree a bit harder.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
If you believe that her government will take measures that will damage the UK the best thing to do is oppose her.

Supporting a government you disagree with as an act of unity is not a solution for a better world.

...and end up with what as an alternative?

Someone has to lead the country. Jezza and his bottomless pockets?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here