Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

larus

Another fantastic deflection. You moan at the 'lefties' blaming the Tories but that's exactly what you're doing now. You are deflecting because perhaps you lack an argument to disprove the issues I have raised. These are real issues that are happening NOW under the Tories.

Re tuition fees. Yes, introduced by Labour. Tripled by Conservatives.
Re PFI - started by the conservatives. Expanded by Labour. Further expanded by the Tories.

Conveniently.ignoring that the raise in fees was on the back of the Browne review which was instigated by LABOUR. And at the time this was implemented, the country was on it's knees with a deficit of 10% after another **** up of the economy by a LABOUR government. No doubt we'll now be told that this was a world-wide crisis, but the fact that Labour were over-spending in the good years rather then paying down the national debt explains their economic bias. Spend, spend, spend, as long as it's someone else's money it'll be OK. Sure, you can have whatever you want and not have to pay. That nasty, rich businessman can buy anything you want.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Re your edit. I am not Labour. I have never voted Labour before. This will be the first time. And burying your head in the sand is exactly what you are doing if you ignore the issues I have raised.

Personally, I've taken no notice of his bollox since he insisted at the beginning of last season that we had sold Dunk and Stephens, and were just waiting for an opportune moment to announce it.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Re your edit. I am not Labour. I have never voted Labour before. This will be the first time. And burying your head in the sand is exactly what you are doing if you ignore the issues I have raised.

:lol:

Truth always gets people posting more than once in response to a single post. Labour caused the onset of austerity. Fact. 'No money left' said the treasury note and my they were not joking.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Classic! A Labour nutter accusing someone of burying their heads in the sand. OH THE IRONY!! Just like Labour created most of the mess that the country finds itself in now whether you choose to admit it or not!

Yes, Labour caused the global economic slump thanks to it's sub prime loans, happy now ? Thanks to the Tories we have long term economic stability in the form of stagnant pay increases and a reduction across all levels of state subsidy in education, social care and council grants... marvellous isn't it ? Mind you the wonders of Brexit , that only Mrs may can deliver will lead to a renaissance for all....well, some.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015

It took a top team of far left terrorist sympathisers/Marxists/racists/anti semites/self-loathing numpties who would rather spit on our nations flag than fly it to finally bring you round to voting Labour then .. bravo.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
:lol:

Truth always gets people posting more than once in response to a single post. Labour caused the onset of austerity. Fact. 'No money left' said the treasury note and my they were not joking.

Austerity was a choice not an economic necessity. If we judge ideological austerity by what the Tories claim the objective was (getting the national debt under control), then it's been a spectacular failure,

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have never voted for labour before, but will do this time. I am not a loony lefty. None of the things Labour offer will affect me and I will probably not see any benefits offered personally, unless I find my circumstances dramatically change. But I am sick to death of seeing increase in desperation of genuine people who really do need help, getting ducked over by the austerity measures that the Tory government has implemented. So I am willing to go with hope that this time there is a genuine choice. More of the same under Tory, or a glimmer of hope under labour. If that make a lefty looney then I am happy to be one.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
1. Everyone is still going to invest in UK PLC post Brexit despite not being in the single market, no matter what, as we're the 5th largest economy in the world and once ruled all of India and Botswana.

2. We're all obviously going to be richer after Brexit thanks to free-trade deals with New Zealand and less bloody immigrants from Poland, so wages go up across the board and we're all richer.

Win-win. Simple.

Dont forget Jeremy has promised a free trade deal with the EU seemingly at any cost, so thats free trade deals with New Zealand, all the other countries we choose and The EU.
Kerching.
Jeremy will deliver the best of everything.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Austerity was a choice not an economic necessity. If we judge ideological austerity by what the Tories claim the objective was (getting the national debt under control), then it's been a spectacular failure,

Bollocks I don't want my country having enormous debt for ages. Labour over spent when they should have been more, dare I say it 'conservative'. Simple, unarguable (unless you want to 'deflect') and succinct. Suck it up, it is the truth.

Have you ever heard of the saying 'making hay when the sun shines', 'saving for a rainy day'?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It took a top team of far left terrorist sympathisers/Marxists/racists/anti semites/self-loathing numpties who would rather spit on our nations flag than fly it to finally bring you round to voting Labour then .. bravo.

That's a lovely Daily Mail-esque analogy

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I have never voted for labour before, but will do this time. I am not a loony lefty. None of the things Labour offer will affect me and I will probably not see any benefits offered personally, unless I find my circumstances dramatically change. But I am sick to death of seeing increase in desperation of genuine people who really do need help, getting ducked over by the austerity measures that the Tory government has implemented. So I am willing to go with hope that this time there is a genuine choice. More of the same under Tory, or a glimmer of hope under labour. If that make a lefty looney then I am happy to be one.

There was a 66 year old lady on the Radio, who has never voted in a general election before (!). She is going to vote Labour because of the Winter Fuel Allowance. So, you won't be the only newbie left loony....

larus

Yes, Labour caused the global economic slump thanks to it's sub prime loans, happy now ? Thanks to the Tories we have long term economic stability in the form of stagnant pay increases and a reduction across all levels of state subsidy in education, social care and council grants... marvellous isn't it ? Mind you the wonders of Brexit , that only Mrs may can deliver will lead to a renaissance for all....well, some.

What about the fact that the Tories have raised the personal tax allowance from 6475 in 2010/11 to 11,000 in 2016/17 at a time when inflation has been say 1%. If Labour had done this you wuld be protesting yourself in front of Corbyn shouting "Take me. Forget the lube, just sing the red flag comrade"

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Bollocks I don't want my country having enormous debt for ages. Labour over spent when they should have been more, dare I say it 'conservative'. Simple, unarguable (unless you want to 'deflect') and succinct. Suck it up, it is the truth.

You realise the current Conservative government have accumulated more debt than every Labour government in history... combined? The majority of Labour governments have ended up reducing the national debt, and the two that didn't happened to coincide with the biggest global financial crisis of the 20th Century and the biggest global financial crisis so far in the 21st Century.

Worth a look if you haven't already.
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

I've always voted Labour , so have most of my family, myself, my brother, and two nephews all vote Labour.

We've served for a total of about forty years between us in the armed forces.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Dont forget Jeremy has promised a free trade deal with the EU seemingly at any cost, so thats free trade deals with New Zealand, all the other countries we choose and The EU.
Kerching.
Jeremy will deliver the best of everything.

He says he'll deliver a deal. As 'no deal' is mutually assured destruction (Foreign Affairs Select Committee) & dire (#strongandstableleader) I'm with Corbyn and not Paul Dacre, but each to their own.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You realise the current Conservative government have accumulated more debt than every Labour government in history... combined? The majority of Labour governments have ended up reducing the national debt, and the two that didn't happened to coincide with the biggest global financial crisis of the 20th Century and the biggest global financial crisis so far in the 21st Century.

Worth a look if you haven't already.
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/...the-biggest-borrowers-over-the-last-70-years/

Going back to the post war years? Yeah ok. Jeez

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here