Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No-one is claiming that 'no deal' is a good thing. It would be bad for both sides and that's the point. The 'no deal' option is a deterrent to ensure we achieve a mutually beneficial deal with the EU. If we were to have a negotiating position of 'a deal at all costs' then the EU would have no incentive to compromise. This is just basic negotiating strategy and is used for example (and taught) in conflict resolution.

This is a point that remain voters are happy to ignore over and over and over again. She has to set her stall out for a hard Brexit in order to to leave room for compromise, Corbyn has already given his hand away .There will no doubt be many compromises once the posturing and politics is put to one side and business takes over.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Exactly my point. So I assume you trust may to deliver 100% then? Because I certainly do not and that's why this "no deal mantra" rings hollow to me.

Our choice is one of May, Corbyn, Farron to deliver. I am not a Tory but on the EU negotiation issue I back her more than the others. I find the fake fury about TM a little tiresome. She is just someone with whom I disagree on social and education issues but is prepared to take us out of the EU and that means she is going against many of the big business backers of the Conservative Party. They will continue to seek to undermine her/our negotiating position as they seek to preserve their mobile cheap Labour and that is certainly a risk going forward.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
He wanted a meme
you supplied a crappy one

do you seriously expect to be taken seriously if you supply a meme promoted by the left that has been altered and is a lie.......whats wrong with at least supplying true ones?
Poor effort - 5 points

Well, at least you have your country back.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
This is a point that remain voters are happy to ignore over and over and over again. She has to set her stall out for a hard Brexit in order to to leave room for compromise, Corbyn has already given his hand away .There will no doubt be many compromises once the posturing and politics is put to one side and business takes over.

Nope
she has set her stall out for simple Brexit. She has not said whether she is aiming for a hard or soft brexit at all.
Hard and soft brexit are invented terms and subjective, they are new terms invented post referendum by people who are unable to come to terms with the result who wish to usurp Brexit as much as possible.
The funny thing is they think they are being clever by using these terms when in reality its obvious they are loser dickheads.........the even funny part is they carry on as normal and are too stupid to realise they have been rumbled by everyone who can see right through their ploy..............bless.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Jesus wept. Clueless. This isn't poker. May hasn't got a clue how to negotiate so she's just blurted out some bluff about how tough she is going to be hoping that passes for "tough negotiation". She's making a fool of herself and us.
Corbyn has at least approached the subject with a degree of measure and calm. Which is where one starts negotiations, not with a ridiculous grimace and a wagging finger. Silly moo.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
So basically you get to choose who deserves to eat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh the drama!!

If someone can afford to smoke, run a car, go on holiday, have sky tv, then I would suggest that they do not need the services of a food bank. After all, if I spent my wages on luxuries like a car, sky sports, 50 inch TV's, would it be okay for me to nip out to the food bank? Of course not, so that is why we need a detailed research into why so many people are using them.

It's just another stick the left are using to beat the Tories with. A bit boring really, and luckily most people see through it.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Jesus wept. Clueless. This isn't poker. May hasn't got a clue how to negotiate so she's just blurted out some bluff about how tough she is going to be hoping that passes for "tough negotiation". She's making a fool of herself and us.
Corbyn has at least approached the subject with a degree of measure and calm. Which is where one starts negotiations, not with a ridiculous grimace and a wagging finger. Silly moo.

It is poker. As is every political and business negotiation. Everyone begins with a wish list and everyone ends with a deal after a series of compromises. If you enter that kind of process with a weak hand then you make more compromises than the others.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nope
she has set her stall out for simple Brexit. She has not said whether she is aiming for a hard or soft brexit at all.
Hard and soft brexit are invented terms and subjective, they are new terms invented post referendum by people who are unable to come to terms with the result who wish to usurp Brexit as much as possible.
The funny thing is they think they are being clever by using these terms when in reality its obvious they are loser dickheads.........the even funny part is they carry on as normal and are too stupid to realise they have been rumbled by everyone who can see right through their ploy..............bless.

The leave campaign was so tragically vague with a 52% block all voting for disparate reasons, not knowing what they were truly voting for or what they were going to get that the terms Soft Brexit and Hard Brexit are used to try and give this mess some sort of reference point.

Hard Brexit is what May is trying to bluff us with. An incredibly Soft Brexit is what we'll get after she's ****ed up the complex negotiations. We'll basically be living under EU rule with no say in its running and none of its money.

*slow clap*

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

May has approached the subject and said if the deal is bad for Britain ,Britain will not take it. Corbyn is approaching the subject and saying we will seek tariff free access under any circumstances no matter what. They EU would have him over a barrel and shaft him if he was in charge of negotiations. He is the worst possible outcome for future negotiations

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It is poker. As is every political and business negotiation. Everyone begins with a wish list and everyone ends with a deal after a series of compromises. If you enter that kind of process with a weak hand then you make more compromises than the others.

Well, if May sees it in such terms, we are truly screwed.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

You are either oblivious to things outside you own thought process or deluded to think this.

'There are none so blind' etc etc.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Once again.,,"but, but the Tories!"

Yeah. because 1 local councillor is exactly equivalent to voting for the prospective PM and Home Secretary. And also excuses any debate about Corbyn...because, you know, Tories.

I'm sorry but if you people want to bandy around the myth that Corbyn supports the IRA it needs to be pointed out how utterly hypocritical this is when a SERVING Tory councillor was in the IRA. And you don't even need massive leaps of the imagination to attempt to pove it ala Corbyn. It seems you fear context and being pointed out how utterly hypocritical the right is ???

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
May has approached the subject and said if the deal is bad for Britain ,Britain will not take it. Corbyn is approaching the subject and saying we will seek tariff free access under any circumstances no matter what. They EU would have him over a barrel and shaft him if he was in charge of negotiations. He is the worst possible outcome for future negotiations

Right how's that going to work?

"Sorry, that deal is no t good enough"

"Well that is the offer, you wanted out you get what you're offered"

"I don't want it"

"Fine. **** off"

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The leave campaign was so tragically vague with a 52% block all voting for disparate reasons, not knowing what they were truly voting for or what they were going to get that the terms Soft Brexit and Hard Brexit are used to try and give this mess some sort of reference point.

Hard Brexit is what May is trying to bluff us with. An incredibly Soft Brexit is what we'll get after she's ****ed up the complex negotiations. We'll basically be living under EU rule with no say in its running and none of its money.

*slow clap*

"We'll basically be living under EU rule with no say in its running and none of its money".
Do we get out more than we put in?, if having a say whilst putting in millions more than we get out is a problem, then i think i will take it.
Have you also forgotten that in these deals it is also an advantage for Merkhal and her sidekicks to be reasonable seeing as our imports are more than our exports.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I'm sorry but if you people want to bandy around the myth that Corbyn supports the IRA it needs to be pointed out how utterly hypocritical this is when a SERVING Tory councillor was in the IRA. And you don't even need massive leaps of the imagination to attempt to pove it ala Corbyn. It seems you fear context and being pointed out how utterly hypocritical the right is ???

Buzzer clings to this pathetic IRA conspiracy theory because as far as he is concerned it means not having to have any kind of sensible debate. Say something he doesn't like, he'll just pull out his "but, but, but the IRA".
I wouldn't bother engaging, he's a troll.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

*slow clap*

define hard and soft brexit in these four areas

ECJ....in or out?
Free Movement .....yes or no?
membership of Internal Market.....yes or no
Customs Union......yes or no

thats right you cant

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
"We'll basically be living under EU rule with no say in its running and none of its money".
Do we get out more than we put in?, if having a say whilst putting in millions more than we get out is a problem, then i think i will take it.
Have you also forgotten that in these deals it is also an advantage for Merkhal and her sidekicks to be reasonable seeing as our imports are more than our exports.
The first part of that post is ill informed gibberish.

As for the second part: it behoothes all parties to take a calm approach. This is no time for bluff and bluster. There simply isn't the time for starters.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
define hard and soft brexit in these four areas

ECJ....in or out?
Free Movement .....yes or no?
membership of Internal Market.....yes or no
Customs Union......yes or no

thats right you cant

I didn't say I agree with the terms. You have just illustrated the fact nobody knew or knows exactly what will happen. It's a damned shame your lot didn't realise that before you got us into the shit!

I note you haven't answered what we are supposed to do if May doesn't accept the deal?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The first part of that post is ill informed gibberish.

As for the second part: it Behoothes all parties to take a calm approach. This is no time for bluff and bluster. There simply isn't the time for starters.

Fair enough, i bow to your superior knowledge. You really ought to become a top politician, you seem to know exactly what is going on, the thoughts of the PM, and more important the outcome of Brexit. Your input would be invaluable better than us mere posters who have a different view.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here