Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2017

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Paxman has lost it. Asking a question then asking the next one that comes in his head before Corbyn has even begun to answer.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Walking away IS the worst deal though. It is utterly irresponsible to walk away.

No it's not, it's a sensible negotiating tactic. If your opponent is given to believe that walking away is not an option for us then they will simply refuse to budge on anything and wait for us to concede on all their requests. That's not negotiation, that's capitulation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paxman's all over the place, he should have stuck to proper questions instead of flinging wild accusations at him

I will now eat a whole humble pie. Corbyn was effing brilliant. Moreover, we all know that it was him, not spin doctors talking. Let's see what May has to offer after the ads . . . . . taking the piss out of Corbyn won't work, but I bet she does it

ps Paxman, a declared tory, was spiteful and cuntinsh. Corbyn shrugged it off!!!!!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Taking bets on strong and stable I've got 4 and half minutes

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Paxman is totally embarrassing here , can't lay a glove on JC

Fancy you coming to this conclusion! surprise! He was struggling with incessant waffle throughout. The chickens have come to roost - he spent a lifetime being the rebel, and now that he needs wider support to be PM, is backtracking all the time.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You need to look at the polls again. Bozza published them all for us yesterday morning. The Tories are still the same % across the 5 new polls as an average as they were five weeks ago. If you listen carefully to politics corrspondents, they are not saying the Tory vote has crumbled; instead that the gap has closed. In essense Labour are taking Green/UKIP/LibDem votes ... who I assume will be annihilated.

A polarisation between left and right.

There has been a shift to Labour both in terms reduced Tory voting intention and increased Labour voting intention. I upload a graphic for your convenience, which shows this clearly. But you also cannot directly compare polls from different polling companies as they use sometimes very different methodologies, some of which increase the Tory share.

I should remind you I also posted the results of a Survation poll due to be released later which has Tories at 43%. It seems Tories can gone from, generally, the higher 40s to the lower 40s.

Not sure why you keep misrepresenting objective information.

voting intention.png

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
No they wont
The Lib Dems wouldnt
The Greens wouldnt
I dont trust Labour either......too many mixed messages.

You were correct initially......The Tories will deliver Brexit

Of course the Tories will deliver Brexit. It's the type of Brexit that Theresa May - (Remain) will deliver that worries most people. There won't be a sugary treat at the end of the negotiations........... the damage is already done.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why would they offer us a worse deal than we would get by walking away? Think about it for a second.

Perhaps you should think about it for a second too - if they know that walking away is not an option for us then they would have every demand from each of the 27 member countries on the table - no matter how bizarre or unreasonable they were. The EU would do nothing to remove or moderate them and we would have to accept them (as we can't walk away). Is that what you had in mind?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Of course the Tories will deliver Brexit. It's the type of Brexit that Theresa May - (Remain) will deliver that worries most people. There won't be a sugary treat at the end of the negotiations........... the damage is already done.

Given that the negotiations have hardly begun, I am amazed that you could come to this conclusion.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
May is uninspiring. Earnest but dull. And weird. Very weird.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Waffle Waffle Waffle

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Lots of 'we won't commit to anything so when we go back on it after the election you can't moan'

Also not much answering of questions.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Weak start on assets by May concerning what's left in ones estate after social care for the elderly.
Cuts in education now...........' a more diverse system'........... attacks Labours figures. Getting laughed at now.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why would you offer something worse than walking away? It would never be accepted. The offer has to be better than that. By saying you will just walk away all you do is tempt them into offering you something only slightly better than that option as they know you are happy with nothing. If you say you don't want to walk away they know they have to offer something better.

No they don't. Juncker has already said that he wants to punish us and deter others from leaving. It will be a free-for-all where each country makes its demands and we would have to accept (as we won't walk away). Or are you saying that we would say that we don't want to but we may?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here